Billet suspension

Can anyone offer any advice on any implications using machined billet front suspension parts in place of Corvette parts.

I have the machines and ability to manufacture any parts I need.

Thanks

Bob

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
No problems at all Bob ---and while you're at it, make a spare set for me :heart:
The only criteria is that it be infinitely adjustable without dismantling it from its clevis

Attachments

• GT40 rear lower A arm Billet (2) (Small).jpg
    GT40 rear lower A arm Billet (2) (Small).jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 320
Thanks Chris,

No problem, I can make you a set, in fact is there anyone else out there that would be interested in some? While I am at it, the price would be very reasonable.

Let me know if I can help anyone out with some manufacturing.

Bob

You can imrove greatly the way to screw spherical bearings in drawing aspecial parts that allow to set the suspension whitout pulling out any bolt on chassis or uprights !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hé hé hé

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
What Mic says, as well
I think -- for Australian road registration purposes any manufactured items need to have engineer test certification.
The reason for the use of donor car parts (to start with)

Is it difficult to get the Engineers test certificate for Manufactured items? Or am i just going to cause myself loads more work and expense

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Is it difficult to get the Engineers test certificate for Manufactured items? Or am i just going to cause myself loads more work and expense

Usually to get specially made critical parts certified is difficult because the engineer has to take full responsibility, under the new rules, for certifying such a part and it would also probably require destruction testing.

Much safer and way cheaper to use donor parts for the rego process.

If you are manufacturing and selling those products then the responsibility falls on you regarding safety and fit for purpose.
Suspension parts are critical components.
If a part fails and injures or kills someone then you have hell to pay

Dimi

Back