c5 6sp transaxle length

Yes I know this won't fit in a Gt40, and that is not what it is for, so lets not go there.

Does anyone have a vette c5 or c6 transaxle they can measure for me. I need to know the length from the mounting face on the bellhousing, to the center of the output flanges. Any help appreciated.

Jon
I've seen that transaxle setup with an lS1 in a chevy GP replica, and the wheelbase was 106". The cabin was forward a little more than a 40, and there was a bit of motor intrusion into the cab so I would say that Jac Mac is about right with the dimensions.
Cheers
Phil

Yes I know this won't fit in a Gt40, and that is not what it is for, so lets not go there.

Does anyone have a vette c5 or c6 transaxle they can measure for me. I need to know the length from the mounting face on the bellhousing, to the center of the output flanges. Any help appreciated.

On the C5/6 with 6 speed the bellhousing (and clutch) is up front behind the motor. The gearbox and rear end are in the back. The shift linkage is on the front face of the gearbox, so you cannot simply eliminate the torque tube and mount the transmission to the bellhousing. That is why the GTP uses an automatic transmission.

Peter Fias

Back