Canadian Coupe

Ah man, why'd you have to go and post those pics ... now the only thought going through my mind at 1am in the morning is 'ya know, the sl-c looks pretty damn sexy, and a brand new built LSx engine is a hell of a lot cheaper than a used porsche engine................'

Ahhhhhh :laugh:

The SL-C is a little taller at it peak but as the roof line has a pretty fast decline it look lower ...

Dont forget that the SL-C has a 10 inches longer wheelbase and is almost as wide as a Gulf Flared GT40...

Much larger cockpit too....BUT the 917 is already an iconic car...choices choices...

Thanks everyone for the positive response to CRC's latest project. It makes it all worth while. For those wondering about the rear wing stantions the boxed section with the holes actually extends under a up to the diffuser and being directly behind the gearbox it should have minimal increase in drag but strength difference compared to the stock configuration is enormous. This car can be pushed by the wing and with the speeds these cars are capable the downforce will be huge depending on angle of attack.This is a somewhat modified version of a wing stantion we ran years back on a Tiga GTP light. It worked fabulously. For those interested in knowing more feel free to message me. Thanks again and stay tuned for the updated photos that Fran mentioned. I think you will like whats coming

Finally we don't have to hassle with the boarder anymore!!! Is there a price premium in light of? What's the damage going to be in CDN for the full kit, same package listed on the RCR SLR site? Fran/Toby?

I really like the headlight mold look, been away for a while and glad to see such improvements. Is there an ETA of the full interior look? Or have i missed it in the forums?

Great Job, Keep up the excellent work, Love the Vinyl too!

Its not the diffuser that provides the lateral stability for the wing. The diffuser mainly provides the support forthe downforce generated by the wing but the lateral stabilty of the wing is predominately dependent on the vertical uprights, that are relatively close together and coupled with being 1/4 " material they require some diagonal bracing above the bends and below, or in my case I chose to use .063 aluminum boxed which is both light and extremely strong which allows the close placement of the wing uprights, yet maintain lateral strength and not put any undue force on the wing support bolts.

The louvres will be raised and made in cf. I've just completed the molds and will be making the louvres shortly. I will post more pics. Sorry your not a fan of my paint job but you may change your mind when I'm finished with all the details.

The SL-C is a little taller at it peak but as the roof line has a pretty fast decline it look lower ...

Dont forget that the SL-C has a 10 inches longer wheelbase and is almost as wide as a Gulf Flared GT40...

Much larger cockpit too....BUT the 917 is already an iconic car...choices choices...

I just don't know, lol! You need to have a buy 1 get 1 free special :idea:

The more I see it the more I like the SLC (much more than a gt40......for whatever reason I just don't get overly excited by gt40s)....but the question is do I like it enough to choose it over a 911. Ahhhhh.

I just don't know, lol! You need to have a buy 1 get 1 free special :idea:

The more I see it the more I like the SLC (much more than a gt40......for whatever reason I just don't get overly excited by gt40s)....but the question is do I like it enough to choose it over a 911. Ahhhhh.

Choose over a 911 ??? Must be typo, should read 917 :thumbsup:

Go and visit RCR and your desicion is made within this day. My personal experience is that the SLC is a astonishing car on the pics but if one see´s it in flesh it is much more than that. It is outright one of the most desirable car designs today.

TOM

Choose over a 911 ??? Must be typo, should read 917 :thumbsup:

Go and visit RCR and your desicion is made within this day. My personal experience is that the SLC is a astonishing car on the pics but if one see´s it in flesh it is much more than that. It is outright one of the most desirable car designs today.

TOM

My $.02:

It seems to me that the choice is between higher performance vs. more style:
1) The SLC has higher performance because of its weight, power, design, etc., AND it has style.
2) The 917 (and all of the 60's replicas) have their incredible visual appeal (especially to those of us who grew up watching them race), AND they have high performance.

In the end, you get both, but which will you value more after you choose? It's a tough call, and made even tougher when Fran keeps coming up with something new: 904, Lola spyder...

Dan, the price in Canada will be dpendent on the exchange rate and for those wishing to build their own there is an administration fee to handle the border nonsense and depending on the complexity. You of course will have some duties and shipping which unfortunately is unavoidable. Other than that the pricing will be finalized at the time of the contract. I look forward to hearing from you and if you have any further questions please don't hesitate to call. Thanks

Toby
Campbell Race Concepts
905-332-0122

Howard, the wing mount system used by CRC is a modified version of one used by a GTP lights team that I was associated with. The increase in drag is minimal and by managing the airflow under the car which the wing mount avoids I will maintain fore and aft balance. The strength gained by the new wing mount far outways the minor drag increase but will afford consistent wing angles and not change due to adverse wing movement. Besides unless your Micheal Shumacher the increase in drag will be unnoticeable. I have raced all my life and I will not find any balance issues whatsoever because ever time you change the wing angle you will change the characteristics of the car and hence will require set-up changes. I don't believe there are many people that will be able to push this car to its limit aside from professional drivers. I dont feel that I can achieve its full potential and I have raced for years. Its not an issue for the average driver.

Out of curiousity, how easy is to strip an SL-C from a fully completed car to a go-kart? For example, with my cobra I can go from fully assembled to go-kart in 1 1/2hrs (quick release pins on windshield, quick release hood, splash panels riv-nutted in, seats held in with 4bolts, etc.....)

Could I expect something similar with an SL-C, or because it's more complex than a roadster, once it's assembled is it assembled? (or alternatively, once it's assembled is there only really a need to remove the back clip ever, if something has to be removed for access, like transaxle removal).

You can pull the whole cab off in one step...but why???

The nose comes off in 30 seconds and the tail in a matter of a minute...

You really need to come and see one in the flesh.....

Respectfully..I dont think you grasp what the car is all about at the moment...

Efnfast,
think group car or daytona prototype to give an indication of access, etc. The rear clip may be hinged to give complete access to engine/gearbox, or simply remove it in about 2 minutes. Front clip easily and quickly removable in about 30 seconds as fran indicated.

You can pull the whole cab off in one step...but why???

The nose comes off in 30 seconds and the tail in a matter of a minute...

You really need to come and see one in the flesh.....

Respectfully..I dont think you grasp what the car is all about at the moment...

No offence taken - remember, I'm bouncing all over trying to get up to speed on several things to make a well-researched decision, and we all know my mechanical skill level. At the rate i build, this is potentially the next 2-3yrs of my life I'm contemplating now ;)

But atleast I won't put the upper control arms on the quad shock bracket and stare at it for the 10days wondering why nothing is mating up :drunk:

Not to mention I'm still in awe at the fact you can buy a kit with excellent parts (shocks, brakes, etc...) and actually use them, and not relocate everything but the frame and body to the garbage can ;)

Howard Jones

Supporter
Here's the thing. EVERYBODY who has a look at mine said "Wow it is really big inside" sooner or later. There is just not any relation to a 917 or a GT40 for that matter as far as the ability to take another person along with you on track.

This was the selling point for me. My GT40 is a nightmare on track with a ride along bigger than a 15 YO 5 foot girl. The SLC on the other hand will be like no one else is in there with me. Just what the doctor ordered.

I friggin can't wait.

Back