CAV GT 40 #47 Gulf Spec

Ron Earp

Admin
[ QUOTE ]
I have also been castigated by Ron for use of the Forum in respect of my work with the Cavgt, and valuable information and ideas are not being made available because of his view on these things. Bob has also found this frustrating and we both feel that he ought review the way the Forum works because it is not the free and open information centre it should be. Frank

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Frank, I've not heard any complaints on the forum with respect to the way it works, most people seem to enjoy it. As I recall I emailed you privately to ask if you were affiliated with CAV - mainly at the request of UK users. Why? Well, I for one think that anyone on the forum working with a manufacturer should openly state it so that new folks looking for information will know in what light to view the information gained. And, not only state it but amend their profile so that the fact appears on their posts. Gary, Bob, Robert, and the others do not seem to have a problem with this fair play.

You claim that "valuable information is not being made available" because of views I have on the forum. This is the first I've heard of it and if I am in some way impeding progress then I certainly want to know about it. I can and do communicate with Bob Lacey and if he has a problem with the forum I'm sure he'll contact me directly or through the forum.

I don't work with a manufactuer, however you'll notice I don't post when someone asks which car to purchase etc. This is because I own a RF car and I'm the forum administrator, I tend to think any advice I provide would not be in the cast of the netural character that I wish to be.

I'm certainly not suggesting you do something similar, I just wish to defend my actions of trying to make sure that folks properly identify themselves. And it isn't just CAV either, I've asked the same of the NZ folks, MDA, RF, ERA, etc. If the discussions were occuring is a specific forum for a specific type of car then I don't worry about it, but the "All GT40" section is open for everyone and I think it should be a free source of hopefully unbiased information.

In this light are there other forums that should be opened on this website?

Ron

Ok all I've tried to update my personal info for those to learn more about myself. The frknfast username was my handle from the superformance group of guys that I hang around with here in Canada. I've asked Ron to change this if possible. So if you guys want to know who I am be my guest and check it out.
I will respond to the other posts as soon as I can.

Tom from Texas thanks for the support. You got the message exactly I was trying to send. My thread has been for info and updates as to what I've been going through to help others.
Good luck in chosing your choice of GT40!!

Hersh you can call me Angelo if you wish. Say frknfast 5 times outloud and I think you will get the meaning.
With this new machine it should now be frknfastest!! hahaha

F CATT I'm looking forward to the car as much as Ian. Ian has done a great job and the re-engineering and improvements we've made make this the best CAV out there at this time. I know that you guys have been talking and I hope CAV makes these improvements directly at the factory. I'm not knocking CAV as there are growing pains and constant updates as things arise and cars are built and especially being a newer company.
I know what you mean, I'm already planning modifications/tweaking to the set up already (winter stuff- now I just want to enjoy the car before winter sets in).
I've a few car shows planned for this long weekend already. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Gary I'm assuming by "biased" you mean "concentrated on" vs in favour of as I've taken the approach that I respond irrespective of brand as I think most here do.
Of course any help you can provide in a seperate section for CAV is more than welcome. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yes that is what I meant. Anytime a representative of a company says positive things about his product it can be seen as biased and each person reading the post should know that the poster represents a company. Being an engineer and scientist by trade, I do however tend to look at all things from that point of view, and thus try to render independent scientific judgement.

I can see where it is difficult to draw the line when we are talking about specific cars (which have specific manufacturers). What threads are "biased"? Because one bought car "x" and are happy with it, is talking about your discission biased?

I can see how Ron is trying to keep things even and I can appreciate it. From another point of view I can see how we (as a community) would want to move threads like this to the respective manufacturer strictly because they pertain nearly directly to that particular car, and thus it makes sense to file it there.

Hi guys. I've posted a few new pics in my Yahoo folder while at Ford's 100th BDay. I was invited to their Oakville Ontario truck plant for their show. I was asked to bring "both" cars. They put me at the front entrance to the building where all the events took place.
Go to photos.yahoo.com/frknfast under CAV GT40 #2 to view. Enoy!!

pallison depending on the weather it will be at mapleview mall show and shine on Wed night in Burlington. Allways a great show with well over 500 cars if weather is good. Only a couple of those left there for this year. Also I hope to be at 427/Queensway CDN Tire next Sat. Try and make it to one or both. I myself will not be at wed show but the car will be there.

Thanks. Weather report looks good for Wednesday. Now if I can just get through that cardiac stress test at 1 pm Wednesday without feeling too crapped out, I'll be there!

frknfast

I finally saw heaven last night at Mapleview Centre!

That is the most amazing car I've seen since early 1967 when I saw the Comstock Racing Team GT40 at the U of T Engineering open house. I couldn't believe the professionalism of the design, manufacture, assembly and finish (in my favourite race colour scheme).

Congratulations to you, your crew and to CAV for this fine work!

Paul

THX Paul. I'm glad I was able to send you to heaven dude. By the way how is it up there anyway????( heheehee)
I'm glad that you made it to Mapleview and your opinion on the work being well done, as I have very little knowledge on body, chassis, engine work. Also do you have any pics of your UofT open house of that time that you could forward to me? They would be much aprreciated to compare the old against the new. By the way where do you live? Sorry I wasn't there myself but hopefully next wed or maybe some other show depending on where you live.

Sorry, but I have nothing but the one fond memory of standing beside the GT40 with the roofline roughly beside my upper thigh!
I live in Newmarket, and I may come down to the 427/Queensway Cdn Tire tomorrow to see it again. (I didn't have my camera on Wednesday) What time does the event sart tomorrow?

Paul

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Frknfast,

Why not take it across the street from the Mapleview to IKEA and show those Swedes what <font color="red">real </font> design is?!!!

Hope the car is all you expected and hoped for...

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Hi Paul,sorry I didn't get your post till this am. I was at the show yesterday at about 5:45 pm and stayed until 9:30pm. Hope to see you soon.

haha hehe Rick. I don't think the folks at IKEA would have any idea because you need more than a wrench, hammer,screwdiver and some glue to put one of these together. The car itself is fantastic and beyond my expectations. A few more things to fine tune but it runs and rides great! We'll need to hook up before the snow starts to fall. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Hi guys!! The 40 was entered into a show and shine at one of the top SVT Ford dealers in Toronto on Sunday. Came home with "Class Champion". First time entered and first win. It feels good. Car is running good, very streetable and still doing some fine tuning, ride height, tire pressure,carb jetting etc. Now I hope winter doesn't set in Until Feb 04! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Ian Clark

Supporter
On the way back from the Show'n Shine I had to stop and take a p... picture (hahaha). Lots of smooth rolling and turning country roads around here and little towns, couldn't resist the urge. Cool plate, eh?

Attachments

• 22407-Ap1075a.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 275
Back