CAV GT40

I sure hope all you new CAV buyers/owners (or RF, NZ or anything!!) will keep us all posted on the whole process--how the ordering went, anything interesting that comes up during assembly and shipment, engine install, and most of all, driving!!!

SDP

Hey Ian welcome aboard!!!! Gald to see you here. Great way for you to get Canadaian enquiries. Looking forward to the arrival of the Gulf GT40 here in May.
Ditto to all those who posted their opinions and observations. Helped me with my decision.
cool.gif
grin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> Should be here in May. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
This seems rather optimistic to me, unless they've really streamlined the build and shipping processes or it's already built and ready to go on the boat. Mine was on the water for 2 months, took about 6 months to arrive from when I ordered it, and got stuck in Customs and the dock worker lockout.
frown.gif

Steve I hope your timing does not reflect mine. However I will keep you posted as things progress. Obviously the next key date is the shipping date. My timing is based on arrival in Canada net of customs timing. Keep your fingers crossed. lol

My demonstrator was ordered 8/29, shipped third week of october (2 week shipment), cleared customs and was unloaded from the truck on 11/4. So the whole thing took 9.5 weeks.

Guys CAV has a new web site. Check it out. It's great!! Take note that the man himself, Carroll Shelby has oredered a GT40 from CAV. Now hows that for a testimonial!!

I believe there are several licensed builders of the CSX4000 and CSX7000 series cars. For example, Finish Line Motorsports in Las Vegas, which is just a few hundred yards from the Shelby facility, builds them up from the chassis (check out "Building a Legend" on their web page). The chassis is supplied by Shelby, and that qualifies the completed vehicle as a genuine Shelby. So my guess (and it's just a guess a this point) is that CAV has become a licensed manufacturer, but that doesn't mean that you can't still get one direct from Shelby in Las Vegas, or from Finish Line, or...

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Hersh,

Notice the VERY different response here as compared to say.....ClubACroadsterReplica?

I will take the high road and start my usual smart arse comments! I do think you will see South African Shelbys in the near future....
Rick

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hershal,

The new CAV website offers a tremendous amount of information about Fords' legendary sports cars.

It really is a testamonial to the capabilities of CAV to land the manufacturing deal for Shelby CSX numbered cars.

On first glance from the website,it would appear that CAV is selling Cobras. This is not the case.

Anyone wishing to purchase a Shelby Cobra must go through Shelby American and its' dealer network.

Currently, only the 427 Cobra is being manufactured by CAV. I Hope that helps to clarify things.

Just to let all know...I have recieved several E-mails in regards to this subject. I have been told that there will be new information forthcoming to answer all these questions. So we shall hold our comments until that time. But the curiousity is killing me.
grin.gif
grin.gif

I believe this to be a fair assessment as many future customers do read this forum.
I do wish all the best for CAV and their new found relationship. It can only strenghen the hobby. It is good to see manufacturers participate at this level. I for one feel it makes for a better product.
There is room for all and it's so much better for all concerned.

Hersh
smile.gif

Hersh I agree whole heartedly. Its great to see how a question about purchasing a CAV GT40 (which I have done) has such good response. Also I'm glad that this topic has heightened the exposure of CAV, their new web site (as I was first to post this),and the fact that something is going on with SAI and the famous cobra. ( Maybe there is a marketing commission here? what do say CAV? I'm your first Canadian customer.)

frknfast GT40 Gulf #47
cool.gif
grin.gif

Hersh I agree whole heartedly. Its great to see how a question about purchasing a CAV GT40 (which I have done) has such good response. Also I'm glad that this topic has heightened the exposure of CAV, their new web site (as I was first to post this),and the fact that something is going on with SAI and the famous cobra. ( Maybe there is a marketing commission here? what do say CAV? I'm your first Canadian customer.)

frknfast GT40 Gulf #47
cool.gif
grin.gif

frknfast GT40 Gulf #47

Back