cav history

hi all , i have just purchased a new cav chassis, old stock, are cavs the same as gtds , is cav still trading? did cav buy gtd, thanks for your help
cheers
jon

hi all , i have just purchased a new cav chassis, old stock, are cavs the same as gtds , is cav still trading? did cav buy gtd, thanks for your help
cheers
jon

CAV has been taken over by Auto Futura. They have kept the CAV name for the product as
the CAV company is no more. IIRC, there was a split of principles. The CAV spaceframe
was, again, IIRC, based upon the GTD designs but improved. However, AF/CAV is not
related to GTD beyond that and the fact that they are GT40 replicas.

However, I am always open for corrections.

Ian

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Jon,

Welcome aboard mate! The CAV GT is a fantastic automobile. The latest cars being produced by Autofutura are quite different from the earlier cars. The demarcation being around chassis number 100.

You have purchased a new old stock car, besides saving money you have many more options to personalize and upgrade your car.

Can you post some pics your new toy, thanks. Also I'd be happy to chat with you about the build up process and whatever questions come to mind. CAV Canada has several customers in the UK, glad to ad another:)

Cheers

Attachments

• CAVGT40#55plate.jpg
    CAVGT40#55plate.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 346
hi
thanks for all your imput, ian i will e mail you some pictures, i think this is the very last chassis cav made before they changed hands,
cheers
jon

Back