Chassis mods on SPF to fit Quaife 62G

Noticed the Quaife is a bit longer than the RBT unit and therefore the chassis has to be modded. Anyone have a drawing/pic of what all needs changed to fit? Can’t seem to find any threads on it. Also Quaife only rates to 500hp but seems like every new SPF roller I’m seeing on the market has the Quaife....and most all are dropping in 535-600hp. Is 500 the max for the street or can you push these to 550 without issue?

I haven't done it, but the few Superformance cars with Quaife transaxles I have seen, the visible issue seems to be with the rear crossbar. I have seen various iterations of modification,...ranging from bending, sectioning, and stepping the crossbar. As I say, I have nothing to do with these,.....just my observations.
1965-ford-gt40-superformance (10).jpeg
images (1).jpeg
16583488-1966-superformance-gt40-std.jpg

Last edited:
How do you tell that the ones pictured are not the six speed 72G box? I presume this is longer again.
(62G being the 5 speed?)

Chad,
Elliot is correct. We had to remove the upper, center section for clearance to the Quaife. Just cut it out, grind down the leftovers, and paint it.

Noticed the Quaife is a bit longer than the RBT unit and therefore the chassis has to be modded. Anyone have a drawing/pic of what all needs changed to fit? Can’t seem to find any threads on it. Also Quaife only rates to 500hp but seems like every new SPF roller I’m seeing on the market has the Quaife....and most all are dropping in 535-600hp. Is 500 the max for the street or can you push these to 550 without issue?
I think torque is the real issue here. For street use and no dragster starts both the Quaife and RBT should be fine up to 550 lb. ft. I did break 4th gear on my RBT twice with 520 lb. ft. after 10 track days and racing slicks. No problems on the street.

You will also need to elongate the exit slot of the gear selector shaft. I had to cut out more of the chassis rearward to ensure the selector can connect to the quaiffe selector shaft. Very difficult once the gearbox is in

Back