Cheers from Italy

Hi everybody,

this forum has been a great help in making up my mind about the details of the ERA kit that should cross the Atlantic anytime this year.

I avoided plenty of potential mistakes and because of the many enthusiasts that are contributing to ft40s.com I believe that my car will end up much better than it would without.

Hence, many thanks to all of you.

Domenico Lazzaroni

Congratulations on the ERA GT40. What is your chassis number if you don't mind me asking? Mine is 2066. We fly into Milan quite a bit if you ever need me to bring something over. My boss's daughter lives there.

Hi everybody,

this forum has been a great help in making up my mind about the details of the ERA kit that should cross the Atlantic anytime this year.

Hi welcome and congrats !

But, I was on the idea that ERA decided to stop making GT40 kits, few years ago.
Did they changed their mind recently ? Or is your kit an older one, waiting in some forgotten cave to be bought by a real enthusiast ? :shy:

I've always considered these cars, as I've always found them very attractive, I've helped a friend of mine to bought one over the Channel, superb car...:thumbsup:

Hope you'll detail your build here.

Thanks Mike, thanks Pierre-Louis.

Mike : thank you for the generous offer but you can relax, I'm not going to ask you to bring over a spare gearbox.
Glad to hear anyway about Milano, since I live just 1.5 driving hours from it, right in the middle of the vineyards producing some of the best Italian reds.
If you'll feel like it, let me know next time you'll visit your daughter and it would be my pleasure to show you around with my ERA 427 ....
As for my chassis number, it's 2079.

Pierre-Louis : je suis trop paresseux pour écrire en Francais, so we better switch back to English.
No, unfortunately ERA didn't start again the GT production, I ordered mine too long ago to remember when, but the quality of my 427 and the assitance received made the wait acceptable.
Which part of France you live in ? Would it be too far to imagine hearing your GTD at my gate ?

Cheers,
D.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Congratulations Domenico. I was just in Milan a few weeks ago and then over to Verona before heading up to Innsbruck for a few days. Beautiful country over there. Post pictures of your ERA once she arrives. There are some great roads around there to drive her on!

Thanks Mike, thanks Pierre-Louis.

No, unfortunately ERA didn't start again the GT production, I ordered mine too long ago to remember when, but the quality of my 427 and the assitance received made the wait acceptable.
Which part of France you live in ? Would it be too far to imagine hearing your GTD at my gate ?

Cheers,
D.

I live in Marseille, not so far from Italy ! Someday, a trip to collect some fine red wine could be scheduled...:thumbsup: (BTW, next September, I'll be in Barcelona for the European Cobra Meeting 2015, where the GT40s are guests, if you wanna join with your 427...)
The French Rosé de Provence, worth a trip too, if you know where to pick up some fine one (and I know :D) ! There is a nest of GT40 in the area, among which you may wish to visit the splendid ERA GT of one of my friend (in case you need any pics or technical advice, don't hesitate !).

Last edited:
Congratulations Domenico. I was just in Milan a few weeks ago and then over to Verona before heading up to Innsbruck for a few days. Beautiful country over there. Post pictures of your ERA once she arrives. There are some great roads around there to drive her on!

Thanks Mike,

should you be back this part of the world let me know, and it'll be my pleasure to introduce you to the hills/mountains between north-west Italy and the French coast, the local restaurants will give us the only good reason to stop driving!

Cheers, D.

I live in Marseille, not so far from Italy ! Someday, a trip to collect some fine red wine could be scheduled...:thumbsup: (BTW, next September, I'll be in Barcelona for the European Cobra Meeting 2015, where the GT40s are guests, if you wanna join with your 427...)
The French Rosé de Provence, worth a trip too, if you know where to pick up some fine one (and I know :D) ! There is a nest of GT40 in the area, among which you may wish to visit the splendid ERA GT of one of my friend (in case you need any pics or technical advice, don't hesitate !).

Marseille is just around the corner! Actually, my mother-in-law lives in Monaco and Catherine visit her once a week, we could grab something to eat there (it's half a way) but I'll surely come to Marseille and possibly meet you ERA GT driving friend, so many things to check ....

I didn't know anything about Barcelona but I'll try of couse to be there, I could stay overnight in Marseille and the next day we could proceed to Barcelona in a short but noisy convoy ...

As for the wine, a word of caution: hoping non to appear weirdier than I actually am, I have to admit that I only drink Coke, my sincere apologies.

On the other hand, I'm sure Cath would gladly enjoy your knowledge of the territory and of couse she'll disclose some of her best guarded sources!

Cheers, D.

Hi Dom,
I'm thinking about selling my factory built, turn key ERA GT40 if you know of anyone interested. It cost $160K to manufacture in 2002. The best of everything. I'm looking to get into a new Z06 Corvette convertible. I would let it go for $100K. 2 extra sets of tires. Black with White stripes. Too much to list. My cell is 917-678-0277
I'm on East Coast time in the USA if anyone would like to chat about the car. It's number 2066. Mike

Back