Chris Smith Wins Chevron Trademark Dispute

Good question, hate to see the GR8 wasted! Hopefully there has been some agreement reached with Vin. Both the B8 and B16 are my fav's.

Jack,
I don't know what is happening with Vin Malkie. I don't deal with them. Helen does not like what I am doing and made it quite clear. Chris talk's to me once in a while. Kelvin sends the odd e-mail. Roger is still a shareholder in Chevron Cars and follows what I am doing and check's in with me from time to time. He think's it's great I'm building a replica. With these continuation cars costing $225,000.00 US you can see what all the bickering is about. I'll have more fun with my road car when it's done. I have made enough contacts now I don't need any of their help.
Dave

Push on Dave! I had an opportunity to purchase all the B16 body panels shortly before I bought the SL-C. Having just finished building two "Seven" Clone chassis for others, I didn't wish to attack a complete B16 chassis. Simply love the car though.
I still sort of wish I had bought the body anyway. Have two standing scratch build projects awaiting me after the SL-C is completed. I have all the full size patterns plotted for a Maserati A6 GCS Monofaro (1948). Had the wooden body buck done but it was destroyed due to weather. My aluminum panel beater passed away and the buck was left outdoors for months before I learned of it. Have the engine/gearbox/suspension on standby. You are doing a simply amazing job on your build, keep at it!

Jack

Jack,
You were probably looking at the body I bought. Lot's of work. If you ever want one I can bring you one down. I know the Tampa ,St Pete's area well. Good luck on the Maserati. You can wear your leather flight helment and goggles with that one.
Dave

Back