Classic Car Developments Chassis #5 - Doc Watson's car

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
Lol I wondered who would be first to bite.......
Top arms to rear uprights...... I will get photo evidence as Frank wont believe me.....

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
..i have a key fob.... does that count?.....
I will post pics tomorrow as just finished teaching for the day....
It comes with a warning....... i have a space problem....... so had decided to post 'warts and all' pics of progress and am even considering making small vids of progress.
I have to take stuff out of the shed to get in!!!!!

Ed McClements

Supporter
..i have a key fob.... does that count?.....
I will post pics tomorrow as just finished teaching for the day....
It comes with a warning....... i have a space problem....... so had decided to post 'warts and all' pics of progress and am even considering making small vids of progress.
I have to take stuff out of the shed to get in!!!!!

I've been in the same situation recently...sometimes I go out to the garage, shuffle motorcycles, lawnmowers and boxes of parts around for an hour so I can get to the part of the car I want to work on...then run out of time, or end up back where I started. Sometimes the whole project feels like a giant "move-the-block" puzzle.

61RhUmHny9L._AC_SX522_.jpg

haha thats brilliant Doc.. Now all you need to do is persevere, and continue uploading. Before you know it, you'll be a Youtube celebrity, and the videos will start paying for this journey!

Neil

Supporter
Doc, that safety washer looks too small to prevent the separation of the ball & housing. Am I wrong?

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
your not wrong, and the bolt should be a nyloc but I just wanted to put a part on..... more on the way later this week.... with slightly longer runtime....

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
I feel like a child who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.... for bolt read nut. Thanks Frank for pointing out my mistake, I'm sure it wont be the last. Six hours of teaching databases can do that to anyone. Oh and he also told me to grease my nuts... well that's tonight's entertainment sorted ;-)

Neil

Supporter
Project Binky......with Rex Hamilton as Abraham Lincoln. :D Seriously, I look forward to seeing more of your videos.

Yeah, I like it.. I hope you keep it up! It will take a little while before it starts to take off, but this topic should bring lots of people!

Nice one Andy. Every session in the shed is another bit closer. I managed to get stuck into one of the wiper motors that i have and will update shortly.

Ryan

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
I am waiting for a phone call from Frank pointing out the many mistakes I will have made.... next job is to get it into the engine bay for first fit..... should be fun....

Back