Classic Car Developments Chassis #5 - Doc Watson's car

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
Frank I though about that after I had fitted them.....
James, The OD is the same as the ones i'm using but thanks for the tip I will call them. The correct ones are also longer than the one I have.

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
So Robush dont have any RB2286 in stock, I asked about manufacturing a batch and when they asked how many and I said 6 I think I heard a stifled laugh..... The 1 3/4 long 1 3/16 OD and 9/16" bore bushings have arrived so I will be using those. Not original - so sue me....... ;-)

And I other news I now have a (hopefully correct) and excellent condition timing cover.

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
Has anybody got any experience on setting the engine inside a mono chassis.
Specifically do you need to 'fettle' the mounts to get the engine level?
Does the engine sit level? the engine will be level side to side but I'm taking about front to back.

I have the bellhousing bolts installed with the bellhousing and engine block and the engine looks to be high at the front.

I will install the gearbox and see where the gearbox top plates are in relation to the rear hoop crossmember but I can position them as the crossmember only has 3mm pilot holes in it at the moment and needs tubes to hold the metalastic bearings to be welded in.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I use my digital protractor a LOT . Especially in Chassis and suspension setup & alignments.. I bought it roughly 20 years ago when Intercomp introduced them. I think I paid roughly $150 US for it. You’ll find it quite handy!
Great video!!!

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
Yes nice piece of kit about £60 with 2 axis readings.... although RTFM rule is being broken...... did you like the last 20 seconds? I didn't o_O

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I’ve had that happen myself... A good strong 1/2” drive drill can also break a wrist. I tend to use my Makita Cordless drill more these days - it has a clutch than has saved me a few times...

Andy, i laughed, because it wasn't me, knowing full well that if it had been me most of my friends would have been laughing at me as well.
hope family planing is ok.

Ryan

Hi DOC
I just watched your episode 6 and smiled watching at the various ( and numerous )boxes :) thinking ; am not the only one doing projects with one by one pieces !!!!!!!
Have you done by chance any calculation (say total ) of which ratio the amount of shipment charge payed will represent when car will be done??????
Me never did because "scared" to discover that figure !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Hi Andy,

Just checking in to see how the build is coming. Fingers crossed for you, and that its going smoothly.
I find myself here, due to the search function however I will ask my question else where.

Keep well

Ryan

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
Enough?

Attachments

• seats02.jpg
    seats02.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 166
Back