cleveland to renault

Just a quick one this time, what parts would I need to join a 351 Cleveland block to a renault box?

cheers;)

Depends which way you want to go.
If you use the Renault bellhousing you will need to make a flywheel and clutch assembly to suit plus making an adapter plate to mate the two together.
The other way is to have a bellhousing that is made for the Renault at one end and the Ford at the other.
The third way is to use the standard Ford bellhousing flywheel clutch etc etc and make the adapter plate 'between' the bellhousing and gearbox. The only thing you will have to make extra is a new input shaft to the gearbox. But this isnt as hard as it sounds - as you can also have the right spline cut on the shaft for the clutch plate you are using.

Dave Wood

Lifetime Supporter
Just in case it's not known, the Cleveland shares the same bellhousing pattern with the other small blocks(289/302/351). I don't mean to state the obvious, but if you request for a Cleveland specific, your search may be harder than neccesary.

thanks for the info, I didn't realize the windsor and clevelands shared the same bellhousing bolt pattern, so does this mean I can use my Renault bellhousing, an adaptor plate (home made) and a transit or V6 clutch on a modified input shaft?

Back