Competition version of SL-C

I know we have a customer car at Carlisle this weekend that has a fully trimmed interior , Ricardo box, AC , twin oil coolers, full roll cage and some other stuff and it tips the scales at 2370lbs....

Adding lightness costs big money normally....:sad:

Last edited:
i believe fran is correct regarding driving 500hp to its full capability rather than 1000hp to 50%. thats why i am going to take driving lessons. i'm going from 200hp to 700hp. i want to be smart.

dale in okla

What does a typical LS7 weigh and what does the Ricardo trans weigh? If I could afford it I would think about an aluminum block twin turbo V6. Lots of power for the weight.

4.2 lbs. per Hp. is a pretty good number rockonsmile, to put things in perspective the Diasio 962R Turbo is in the area of 3.8 lbs. per Hp. (1450 lbs) and those are blindingly fast cars (without the bonus of the torque value gained from the V8 motor to pull out of the hole after apex). We will just have to work on the weight issue to see how much we can pull off. Getting excited about this project :wacko:

I know we have a customer car at Carlisle this weekend that has a fully trimmed interior , Ricardo box, AC , twin oil coolers, full roll cage and some other stuff and it tips the scales at 2370lbs....

Adding lightness costs big money normally....:sad:

Are you saying there is a finished SLC at Carlisle this weekend?

Ernie(Breathless) has his car there ......being displayed...not quite finished but he does have it running and driving.

His shop assembled it in a couple of weeks...

Ernie(Breathless) has his car there ......being displayed...not quite finished but he does have it running and driving.

His shop assembled it in a couple of weeks...

<LOL> Ernie's a good guy, we have talked a few times - after indicating his rapid pace, where he was on his build and that he has a shop full of guys available to work on the car ........ he asked me "how far along are you?"

I felt a little inadequate after that .....<sniff>

Last edited:

Craig Gillingham

Banned because I can't follow the forum rules.
Ok heres my plans...

My SL-C will be biased/set towards street set up and initially aimed at obtaining SVA here in the UK.
I live 30secs or so from Silverstone gates so before its SVAd i will get it on a couple of trackdays here and play with it in its street trim, PS tyres. I will aim at getting a good geo set up for me corner weights, brakes set set etc etc.

then SVA

After SVA i will do the same circuit but will set the car up on slicks of some description (hardly worth the trailer for the distance hehehehe) and will therefore need a few transfer over items.

need to look at slick options,wheels and springs
(i am a fair weather trackdayer as cant be asked in the wet - only do that if need be when racing) hehehehehhe
Dont want to have added gearbox problems with too much sticky tyres and other associated issues which all needs consideration

i have my race radical times for comparison around the national circuit so it ull be all good fun!
(which best is 1:01.30 and lap record is 0:59.7 which puts me in my place :( )

Obviously its just a fun optimum trackday set up as if i was considering entering a championship/race alot of the "RACE" set up would be governed around what rules were in place for that series....

Maybe the times will be interesting in comparison...between total best street set up and total best track set up.......or not :)

Its great living around the home of motorsport as i have access to alot of the top teams resources.

still cant sleep at night waiting for my car

:)

Last edited:
Back