Coyote bundle of snakes exhaust?

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Folks, it seems to me that builds using the coyote motor do not use the Bundle-of-snakes exhaust system...is there a good reason for this?
Just curious...has anyone seen (or better yet...heard?) a coyote equipped with the BOS style exhaust?
Cheers from YerDugliness!!!

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
I seem to recall reading somewhere that due to the firing order you don't get the scavenging effect with a Coyote engine, or perhaps you need to route different cylinders to each side?

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I seem to recall reading somewhere that due to the firing order you don't get the scavenging effect with a Coyote engine, or perhaps you need to route different cylinders to each side?
This. The Coyote has a different firing order. Still a "bundle" could be fabricated to both scavenge and look kick-ass as well!

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Doug

The ECU needs separate Lambda readings for each side of the engine.

If you do a cross over it mixes the gases from both sides of the engine.

Thanks

Andy

Attachments

• IMG_6640.JPG
    IMG_6640.JPG
    398.4 KB · Views: 949
Coyote firing order.
1-5-4-8-6-3-7-2
L-R-L-R-R-L-R-L
Deck Height: 8.937 inches

Windsor 351 firing order
1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8
L-L-R-L-R-R-L-R
Deck Height: 9.5 inches

Windsor 302 firing order
1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8
L-R-L-L-R-L-R-R
Deck Height: 8.2 inches

FE big block firing order
1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8
L-R-L-L-R-L-R-R
Deck Height: 10.170

I originally thought it was to do with the length of the pipes as its harder to package the exhaust around the double overhead cam heads. It doesn’t appear to be anything drastically different from the other three common engines that we fit.

Which pipes do you cross over in the bundle of snakes again?

Part of the issue is the throttle body is at the back of the intake manifold and gets in the way of doing a bundle of snakes type header system. I did headers for someone building a GT40 here in TX and that is why we went with more conventional design.

It would be interesting to use some of the engine simulation tools to run the numbers on exhaust tube diameter and length to see what it says for the optimal length?

Maybe something like
http://maxracesoftware.com/PipeMaxPro400.htm

you would need to configure it to show that its getting the equal pulse separation into the collector that the bundle of snakes delivers.

Regards Ryan

Note that all those engines really have the same cylinders firing 90 degrees apart, just in a different sequence. If the tube lengths from the heads to the collector are equal, the same layout into the collector will work, no matter which engine.

Eric B

Eric
TED_7668-X3.jpg

This is Lance's SC coyote. Somewhere (if I can find it) I have a picture of a coyote with stack injection, but the headers did not cross over.

Ultimately I went stack injection and Firefly headers for the overall look.

E

Coyote firing order.
1-5-4-8-6-3-7-2
L-R-L-R-R-L-R-L
Deck Height: 8.937 inches

Windsor 351 firing order
1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8
L-L-R-L-R-R-L-R
Deck Height: 9.5 inches

Windsor 302 firing order
1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8
L-R-L-L-R-L-R-R
Deck Height: 8.2 inches

FE big block firing order
1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8
L-R-L-L-R-L-R-R
Deck Height: 10.170

I originally thought it was to do with the length of the pipes as its harder to package the exhaust around the double overhead cam heads. It doesn’t appear to be anything drastically different from the other three common engines that we fit.

Which pipes do you cross over in the bundle of snakes again?

Here you go Ryan, found it on the forum

686BD3FD-45ED-4E8F-8292-54D4BBBD69FF.jpeg

Hallo.Ich baue meinen kcc jetzt auch mit Coyote und 8 Stack.Hast du eine info wo ich dafür ein Auspuffbündel bekomme.Grüße Torsten

Markus

SPRF40
Lifetime Supporter
Hallo Torsten,

I guess the biggest problem will be to find bundle of snakes which fits the modular engine and your KCC....

AP seems to sell...

Gruß
Markus

Back