Current LMP replica – is it possible?

+1 for an LMP SL-C.

slc-lola.jpg

Trev

Trev, you beat me to the cut & paste...
I'm adding fender vents, NACA ducts, and not quire sure yet about snorkels on my SL-C. Will be Mercedes Astral Silver in color, with the black carbon fiber splitter & sideskirts/wing. Black WIDE CCW forged wheels riding on Michelin Porsche Cup tires.

Trev, you beat me to the cut & paste...
I'm adding fender vents, NACA ducts, and not quire sure yet about snorkels on my SL-C. Will be Mercedes Astral Silver in color, with the black carbon fiber splitter & sideskirts/wing. Black WIDE CCW forged wheels riding on Michelin Porsche Cup tires.

Very nice! It's got me thinking I have to say. Going back to my question about purchasing an original lola b09/60 body does anyone have any idea what the bodywork would cost?

Trev

Trev

I would expect a complete current LMP body to be in the $35-40k range.....a rear wing alone is 7k...doubtful they would be for sale though as its normally proprietory stuff for the race teams that may have paid for the development.

I know what the Ford GT ALMS bodies cost....and its about the same....race bodies are not like the panels we make....they have marginal fit and finish and minimal hinging..no sealing surfaces for water ingress and are a bugger to get in and out of...

Other than that they are great...

I have good news and bad news. The good news is that bodywork from Lola is very reasonable
If it fits a car that is no longer racing. In other words, if they have had some finished pieces sitting on the shelf for a long period (years) they will make a deal on it, up to and including a whole car, reasonably priced. The bad news is that a nose for a current car,including the supports, undertray, lights etc is more than you are thinking of spending on the entire body.

The Lola website has listings for new LMP cars that are built from spares. I think they are a fantastic bargain.

Sorry, It was difficult from my phone while trying to land.
Here is the link:
Lola Group: Motorsport
Cars and parts finds the older stuff.
Race cars and projects finds the newer stuff.
I bought one of the outdated cars and considered turning it into a coupe.

My favorite, a bit older but very nice

T 92
1120758651pa.jpg

1120758651pb.jpg

and probably a nicer fit to the SLC. Trev you may give your photoshop abilities a try on that side view. Just look at how the side lines flow, almost no difference to the SLC. Just adapt front, rear and scoop and you are done.

And BTW
take a look at this mean looking T70

racecar_6_1.jpg

TOM

And some of you guys already think the SLC has too little ground clearance....:shocked:...the SLC as it sits is actually a lot closer than you think...when you actually see one in the flesh its wide and low...and even to my accustomed and jaded eye bitchin' looking..

I think I might have done something stupid

Very nice guys, I like all of those very much. However I've only got eyes for the Lola B08/60, so much so I now have these sitting in my front room:

carbon1.jpg

carbon2.jpg

carbon4.jpg

carbon3.jpg

carbon5.jpg

carbon6.jpg

carbon7.jpg

carbon8.jpg

Trev

Yes I guess another project starts. At the very least I can keep the parts tucked away for a few years to decide what to do with them. To be honest they are just nice to look at, the quality is unbelievable.

The only parts I have are the 2 rear tail sections you see in the pictures. They are both Aston Martin B08/60 (Charouz Racing). Both are new and unused with the official lola stickers and part numbers. 1 has the access sections in the wheel arch precut and the other hasn't been trimmed.

The plan at the moment is to collect as many parts as I can get my hands on from a lola B08/60. I've just received an email from Lola who say they can supply parts but I need to supply chassis number as the cars have evolved quite a bit and parts are quite unique to each car.

Don't know if they would supply a kit car builder with bodywork for a project even if I am using authentic parts. What do you think, how should I approach them?

Trev

Trev,
I would aproach them as an interested individual that is interested in building one of their cars and leave it at that. If you have the money to buy the parts, all they are interested in is 1. the money, and 2 will you build it to an acceptable standard. Lord knows they don't want their car running around with original parts and a VW 4 banger in it. They may even be willing to give you advice during the build!! They might even become helpful if they know you started building replicas and now want to move up to bigger and better things. Especially with the quality of your build so far.

Bill

Back