DAX the one for Me!

Ian,

Looks good.
Having difficulty locating my GTD build manual, will have another look over the weekend.

Simon

Ian
Looks like a great start, if those doors are fitted properly you are way ahead of the game!!
Good Luck
Phil

Ian, looking good. Phil is right doors are half the battle. I have the build manual as well, If Simon doesn't come through. Let me know.

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Great stuff Ian, looks good.I have a wealth of info and pictures from mine, so if you need any info let me know.
Just going to Thailand today until 17th Jan, but will log on to the forum when I can. Phil and Faili F are right about the doors, my passenger door is fine, but the drivers door is about 5mm out at the back. I've had one go at it and improved it, but still need to find out why and get it right. If you have any such issues, now is the time to sort them. Dont be daunted tho, you have the whole forum cheering you on, so keep at it and keep posting!

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Guys

Thanks for the comments - much appreciated. Doors and clips are hung - I believe by the factory. Front clip snags on right fuel cap - doors both open and close - a bit of work needed on the shut lines.

Fali - thanks for the offer of the manual - I'll see what I can get locally but if not I'll send for assistance. I may be able to get a Tornado one too -Desmond is skiing in Switzerland at present so time will tell.

A few phone calls yesterday and I came up trumps - an old buddy from Zimbabwe is an auto electrician and has recently moved over to Wimbledon - about 20 miles away so I guess the electrics could now be easy - for me that is!

First thing is to build a big shed as the garage is far too small to work in! These things are wide and the doors open a long way before I can get in.

Cheers for now

Ian

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Quick thought - probably mainly for Dave - should I get Chris Melia or someone to take moulds from the body prior to painting - no body seems to know where the original stuff went to and the parts are non standard?

Chris what do you think? Is it worth the effort or just modify somehing if the accident happens?

Again comments appreciated

Thanks
Ian

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Hi Ian, somewhere on the forum is a quote that the moulds went to india. So I guess it would be a good idea to take moulds here, on the other hand it might not be a cheap thing to do, I suppose Chris could let us know on this one.

Back