Dean's new RCR40 build thread

Re: Dean's new RCR build thread

Check this out! I was so excited to see this, I couldn't stand it! Man it just looks fast on the stand. We have had it almost done for a while now but we just got the cool 3 peice intake (after 5 months) and the custom Aviad drysump pan. The carbs have all been rebuilt and set up as close as we could to this engine. This is one bid hunk of Aluminumrockonsmile
DSC00157.jpg

DSC00156.jpg

Check out these ports! These dogs will hunt! :eek:

DSC00152.jpg

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter

If you want to add a little more power to that ventilation system, check out Atwood or Detmar 12v Bilge Blowers like these (available in 3")
04118_f.jpg

West Marine: Blower, Turbo Bilge 3IN Product Display

They've doubled in price since the Ricer crowd started buying them all up to sell on eBay as "Electric Turbo-Chargers" :rolleyes:

I hope you have not thrown the 4bbl manifold that match's those heads in the skip Dean!

Jac Mac

This isn't my first dance with the Webers! I realize they can be difficult,but man the feel in the seat and the sound they create is just part of the experience. Besides, with an 8.7 deck hgt and Yates heads, the intake choices are limited to say the least! I'm not sure if anyone has a 4 brrl option on the shelf.

Long live the Weber's, old school baby!rockonsmile

Rob

Lifetime Supporter

Dean,
The progress is fastastic, and looking great.
That alumi mill looks saweet..!

Dean, first time I looked at your build. Looks awsome. The only thing about your flairs I saw that is of some concern to me. Having done this on my Mustang. You shouldn't leave any rivites or screws under the the glass if that is what you used to hold the flaires on before bonding. They will eventually work them selves loose and show up under your paint as a bubble. Ask me how I know:mad: . But other then that it looks fine.
Also could you tell me who's intake that is?

Thanks

The intake is from Price Motorsports in Indiana. They said they would never do another one. :eek: I will check on the screws. I hope they took them out.

Ron McCall

Supporter

Incredible Dean!!!! Your car is going to be amazing! Are those Webbers going to fit under the rear window??

The rear window thing is a concern. Could you get a measurement from the rear bottom of the intake/top of valley to the window? I could measure my set up and compare against that number.

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter

Dean,

That engine pic gave me chills! What a shot - any plans to include a 'backfire plate' or similar over the webers... or to just scare the hell out of those looking through the rear window?

T.

Ron McCall

Supporter

The rear window thing is a concern. Could you get a measurement from the rear bottom of the intake/top of valley to the window? I could measure my set up and compare against that number.

I will try to tomorrow.

I wanna know what it dyno's at! good to see you the other night...I had a great time

Buzz

It has been awhile since I have posted but we have been awfully busy. The first pictures are of the headlight brackets from Fran bonded into the car. We mounted the headlights with spring tension to hold them in and turned the adjustment screws around so it can be adjusted from the back.DSC00155.jpg

DSC00159.jpg

This is a look at the underside of the rear bonnet after Rhino Liner and then with the original style brake ducts fitted into the car.

DSC00123.jpg

DSC00146.jpg

We needed to fit the dash next. It was a little harder given the rollbar. It isn't done yet but you can see the progress that we are making. After we cut away a bunch of material to fit the bar, we went back and formed fiberglass around a 1 1/2 inch tube to glass back into the dash to fit closely around the bar. I will post those pictures when I get it done. DSC00140.jpg

DSC00148.jpg

DSC00149.jpg

DSC00142.jpg

Schweet! Thanks for the picture of the rear brake ducts. I ordered a set and will have them shipped directly to the painter. I'll also forward a copy of your picture to him so he knows how they are supposed to fit.

Thanks Dean

PS - I mailed your template yesterday.

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Very nice Dean....
Did you make the rear brake duct tubes? I like em.

added:
Looks like Bill and I were typing at the same time....
Did I miss a conversation re them....??

Here is what the car looked like before primer. I was real happy with the gaps and the way everything fit. We did have to do a fair amount of work to get the windsheild to fit properly but we had the rep from the glass company there to survey our work.
DSC00137.jpg

DSC00138.jpg

DSC00139.jpg

The next thing we did was tear it all apart!:eek:
DSC00154.jpg

DSC00050.JPG

DSC00051.JPG

DSC00052.JPG

DSC00054.JPG

I decided to completely disassemble the suspention to paint all the steel parts gloss black. Some of the hub peices where starting to rust so i hit them with some silver paint. I put it all back together with anti sieze and locktite where needed and torqued everything to spec.

Back