death of a dream....

All,
It appears less and less likely that I will be able to live the GT40 dream. My deposit has sat at ERA for approaching 6 years now and after being financially steam rolled by building a house, 3 daughters, work... , it does not look good.

If OK w/ the ERA gang, I would consider working with someone from here to expedite their getting a car. Anyone interested in looking into it....not looking to get rich on such a deal but would like to perhaps recoup some interest lost.

Scott

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Scott,

I walked that same path you currently find yourself on and, without a doubt, I can assure you that the dream didnn't die, it was just on hold for a little while. When the kids are through college, the good Lord willing, you'll be in a much better position financially than you are today. There's just nothing like all the kids with a good education behind them to make a dad smile... knowing there's a better than even chance they won't move back in! Once they're on their own and paying their way, you're set.

As for the investment, there's excellent news to report: ERA is a viable company. Think back a year or so and you'll be reminded of a particularly dark period when some of the GT family really did take one to the chin. For a few, that blow WAS enough to see their dream die right there and then.

Until the little ones are out of school, hang in there. It'll be worth the wait!

Best,

T.

T.

Thanks for the kind words. Over the past few months, I've come to accept the situation. My kids are 6, 3 and 6 months (all girls) so I've some time to do before starting again.

Now, what to do with the NOS M1 ZF w/bell, clutch, shifter box, eared cover, self containted throw out, wired diff.... . Letting that go will be tough for some reason...probably because I have it already and spent a fair bit of time to get it ready for install.

Thanks again!
Scott

Scott
You have to be at the old price. Current price is $55K.
I ordered my car 1/2001 at the old price. I picked up the car 11/2004. Price increased sometime in 2003.
Peter honored the contract price. This makes your slot more valuable

LLoyd

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Scott
LLoyd

Just curious--I've always heard that ERA's were in the $100K range, but maybe that was for a TK or a "TK minus". Was that $55K price for just a kit? If so, how complete??

Thanks!

Doug

Doug
for the Kit, option list is very robust. I purchased everything to finish the car from ERA and yes you are over a $100k then.
big options header,wheels,engine,paint

ERA does a lot to the car before you get it. Body is mounted. I had the car painted by one of ERA's vendor before i took possession.

this the day i picked up

lg

Attachments

• gt3.jpg
    gt3.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 584
Scott
I ordered my car 1/2001 at the old price. I picked up the car 11/2004. Price increased sometime in 2003.
Peter honored the contract price. This makes your slot more valuable

LLoyd

I'm in at $49,500.
Scott

Scott,
dont leave the dream.
In this moment u had some exra cost..but always keep in mind and in your heart the idea to have the gt40.
I have often the same feeling in my life (living in expensive italy...sometimes I make my countings..it is as if I've bought a Ferrari Enzo down here,and I drive ordinary VW,indeed..)
Is the same I wish to Ron and all other guys after the sad disaster of RF.

The geetee is a dream I think for many many of us, and if can help..just look at today level of replicas.
All the company involved works too good at this, and it is also possible in the future they can offer even nicer replicas at (maybe ) even lower prices (think at what can be the price for a Cav, sp or rcr car 20 yrs ago..).

Best wishes for u and all your family

Back