Democrats and all politically corect people wake up!!!!!!!

Yeah....about all that. Seems Bee-OH is going to use the "Labor" Day weekend for a bit of political posturing:

"WASHINGTON (AP) — Under fire in a nation desperate for jobs, President Barack Obama will soon announce a broad package of tax cuts, construction work and help for the millions of Americans who have been unemployed for months, a White House official said Wednesday. Republicans immediately cast doubt about any such plan, setting up a fresh economic showdown as the presidential campaign intensifies.

Obama will unveil his economic strategy in a speech right after Labor Day, hoping to frame the autumn jobs debate by pressuring Republicans in Congress to act or face the voters' wrath. The country is in a deep state of disgust about Washington politics, piling urgency on both parties to help the economy quickly — or somehow position the other side to take the blame."

IMHO, jobs are jobs, whether created by the government or the private sector....I haven't seen many being created by either lately. Given the past political posture of the Republican party, that if we cut spending and DO NOT increase taxes, we ought to see better employment, I'm waiting. I'm not holding my breath, I don't think "trickle down" will work now any more than it did before, especially with businesses and businessmen hoarding money like crazy. At least the government wants to spend its money to put people to work.....and, you should agree, Bee-OH has done a better-than-most job of keeping his campaign promises (not that I agree with them all, but he did keep his word, not a bad :idea:)

Cheers from Doug!!
<SCRIPT>document.write('<iframe style="float:right;margin-left:5px" src="http://ad.doubleclick.net/adi/news.earthlink.dart/news_300x250_top;sz=300x250;ptile=5;ord='+rand+'?" width="300" height="250" frameborder="no" border="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>');</SCRIPT>

A lot of friends at my athletic club are business owners. They are not hoarding cash, they are scared to spend it. One of them owns a drywall business he started in 1982, he said last month was the worst month he's had since starting the business and that's including the first months receipts. He said three years ago he had 120 employees, now he has 20. He said rather than investing in the company, he might just give it up. There was a business in town called Aero Rental, they were a family business that started in the late 60's. They went under last month. There have been about 15 other long established businesses that I can think of off hand that have folded. These are guys that busted their ass building a business over the last 20 to 30 years seeing everything go in the shitter.
No I can't agree, "better than most" what? I can agree that the government wants to spend money, the problem is, we don't have any!

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
No I can't agree, "better than most" what?

What I was saying, Al, was that Bee-0H did "better than most" other presidents at keeping his campaign promises.

So far, campaign promises he has kept (and these are just the ones I can remember, and my memory is very poor):

Getting our military "disengaged" in Iraq (I would not doubt that we still have many there as advisors, but aren't we out of Iraq in a combat capacity?).

Getting a national health insurance mandate passed (yeah, Al, I know how you feel about that....as I said, perhaps none of us agrees with everything he's done).

Getting rid of the "Don't ask, don't tell" provisions as they related to the gay members of our armed forces (I would like to see him right the wrong for the ones that were "less than honorably" discharged before they stopped doing that).

So, you see, he's kept many of the promises on which he was elected.

I remember GB#1's "Read my lips....no new taxes" fiasco...don't we all?

So, I stand by my assertion that Bee-OH's done better than most at keeping the promises that got him elected.

Cheers from Doug!!

Back