DESIGN of a New GT40 successor

fran,
that's why i ordered the extra rear deck lid and extra doors. i plan to do just that: make a targa top, but make it a hard targa top. hopefully, removeable in pieces, storage is going to be a challenge though. one of the "uses" of my cnc router.
wes

nakedGT90nomore.jpg

gt90007a.jpg

gt90004a.jpg

Still a very beautiful car, but its starting to look more like a Lola T70 now, especially if you were to raise the side scoops. Very attractive lines though.

Still a very beautiful car, but its starting to look more like a Lola T70 now, especially if you were to raise the side scoops. Very attractive lines though.

While looking at the rendering, as you say, I just noticed the influence.....:), but very few barchettas look as good as the lola.

Nice look, but it doesn't envoke any thoughts of a GT40, in me, as I would expect from an update.

I understand where you are coming from, but my idea was to create a few alternatively styled bodies inspired by the GT40, that would fit an exhisting gt40 chassis.

Pretty much a rebody af a gt40 replica chassis, with a more modern retro design twist.

Take them as fun sketches.....:)

a 5min. very rough sketch of a coupe, with a fiberglass/polycarbonate door.

Half a door would be fiberglass, the rest plolycarbonate glass.....maybe a little extreme, but very simple to manufacture if wanted......

img867.jpg

fuoriserie,

What ... no under car sketches? ;)

Beautiful pictures. The last pictures do remind me more of a Lola T70 than GT, but still all good! :)

fuoriserie,

What ... no under car sketches? ;)

Beautiful pictures. The last pictures do remind me more of a Lola T70 than GT, but still all good! :)

Ok, I will repost on the Lola T70 forum then.....:), but i understand your point.

A GT40 is a coupe, and will always be seen as such, so a barchetta is not a GT40, but a Lola or any other car of that period.

I liked the idea, but not many others did....., will stick to coupe...:)

Ciao
Italo

Back