DIY 8 stack fuel injection

Has anyone attempted to build an 8 stack fuel injection system before. I did a search on this forum and not much came up, just one post a while back on a guy using toyota throttle bodys. But now I can't find it. Has anyone seen this done on other forums or know someone who has done this. I even tried googling it and still not much.

interesting site, I was thinking snowmobile throttle bodies off a fuel injection engine, Most of them run duels or tripples, depending on the application.
I'll do more recherch to see what size most snowmobile makers use. If there's nothing suitable maybe 4 stroke bikes.

GSXR k1 and k2 throttle bodies are used a lot in europe.
Also the tb's from a toyota 4age 20V are populair but hard to get, most 20v engines where japan only.

i've got 8 gsxr tb's and will be using emerald ecu, been using 4 on my zetec's with no trouble for a few years (everyday cars too) just need 2 inlet flanges with 45 deg tubes welded and silicone hose to join tb's to manifold, here's pics of setup on zetec using cut down ported standard efi manifold (sorry about pic size)
as they are throttle bodies, they will work just as well mounted vertically. need to machine stepped holes for the injectors to seat into manifolds. if you can build your own car, this shouldn't be too much of a problem!! and the gsxr tb's have provisions for mounting the bike injectors into the casting.you can see where i've blanked these off with self tappers as i used the zetec fuel injection spacer between the inlet and head.
100_0866.jpg

Last edited:
Depends on cc of the engine, 40 to 50mm, some are parralel bores but most are tapered. taper from 42mm engine side to 50mm airfilterside is most common I think. There is a lot of information about this on locostbuilders.co.uk and various english ford and zetec forums.

I'm used to carbs on snowmachines, but very much the same principle as the throttle bodies. We used to mesure the throat of the carbs on the engine side to find out the size.

Ali: what are you going to use for a ecu? I am not up to speed on fuel injection:sad:. If one wanted a dual quad look could two larger throttle bodies be used? I know that dodge trucks have ones with holley bolt patterns

Hi Dave,i am using motec m800 .i dont see why you could not use the throttle bodies you suggest so long as your manifold has somewhere for eight injectors.
cheers Ali

Ali,
I bought 2 sets off 4age. throttle bodies after reading your post..have you drilled the bodies that do not have vaccum ports so all 8 are the same..what did you use for a take off tank for map & brakes etc. Now building my manifold.

Cheers Eddie.

Eddie
at this stage i have only used the stock take off points and have plumbed them into the base which my throttle wheel pivots on,the base is 50mm dia tube made into a small chamber,my map sensor is just screwed into the main manifold plate between throttle bodies.no take off for brakes my car does not require it.
cheers Ali

Hi I have made an 8 stack fuel injection and manifold.Cheers V8 King NZ

Attachments

• Picture 185.jpg
    Picture 185.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,316
  • Picture 023.jpg
    Picture 023.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 1,207
  • Picture 188.jpg
    Picture 188.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 922

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Hey Don,

Wonderful work!

And welcome. Great to see you posting at last. Maybe a build log with lots of photos of your amazing workmanship on this fantastic scratchbuild of yours will be next?

Cheers,

Russ

Back