Does your GT40 attract attention?

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
My experience is not what you might think, in order of attracting attention, photos from cell phones while driving and generating discussion when stopped the order I see is 3. GT40 2. Ultima 1. Pantera

If you want the attention without the build hassle and you like some creature comforts the Pantera is still a bargain IMHO.

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_1934.jpg
    Copy of IMG_1934.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 581
I know the GT40 attracts a lot of attention and being a Ford guy that's why I went with it, but after I'm done with it, I plan to build a DDR GT8 next: DDR Motorsport

I've chatted with the main guy there (Diego) and he said the engine bay will work for the Ford Coyote 5.0 so you could at least stay with a Ford power plant and have one heck of a good looking car that would attract the attention you want for sure.

Attachments

• DDR_GT8.jpg
    DDR_GT8.jpg
    475.3 KB · Views: 337

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I know the GT40 attracts a lot of attention and being a Ford guy that's why I went with it, but after I'm done with it, I plan to build a DDR GT8 next: DDR Motorsport

I've chatted with the main guy there (Diego) and he said the engine bay will work for the Ford Coyote 5.0 so you could at least stay with a Ford power plant and have one heck of a good looking car that would attract the attention you want for sure.

To each his own, but, although I do like certain parts of the GT8's profile better, IMHO the more radical looking RCR SL-C would command far more attention over all...if that's what you're after...not to mention the fact that actual race results demonstrate that the SL-C is just as fast as it looks. I don't know whether the latter can be said of the GT8 (because I didn't know the GT8 existed until your post above).

'Just my totally unsolicited 2 cents, sir... ;)

(Fran: Send your check to my 'Vegas address. I'll be there all of next week!)

The RCR SL-C is a great car for sure, but the guy said he is a Ford lover and that car won't work with the newer Ford modular engines (I've asked them...and Factory Five with their super car as well) and the GT8, IMHO, looks a world better and can be built for less money too. As for racing, that I am not sure of. I know that is also part of why I went with the GT40 and the builder I did as the chassis meets requirements for racing in the UK (and my guess is the US too, but I have yet to verify that).

Back