Don's Mk IV Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don your car looks very nice! did you pay extra for the rear spoiler or did that come with your deluxe kit? I didn't get one with mine but I still have some stuff coming in keep the pictures coming it looks great!....mahlon

Mahlon, its not included in the kit...

I am training some new guys and have to go through the whole catalogue of parts to get them up to speed.

Don,
You're taking your Cobra to San Marcos next week aren't you?
I'd love to hear more about your GT40.
John

D. Nye

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Jimmy P. it's going to be a great car.

mmiller, your car will also be great one with that original Ford side oiler. Maybe we can match up our cars at a classic race somewhere.

John, I will be in San Marcos next week starting Wednesday and would love to talk about the Mk IV. I have lots of pictures on the I-Pad we can review of my car and what my vision of the car is.

I will be getting with Dean at RCR Monday and scheduling car pickup. A month ago I was working on Fran to bring the car to San Marcos to show off RCR I think the parking lot full of Cobra and GT40 owners would have been a great venue for Fran and it would have gotten the car to Texas sooner.

Don,
It was nice to meet you. Thanks again for taking the time to give me additional background and history on the Mark IV's and to show me what you have already done, and what your plans are for the car. I really appreciate it.

Very, very impressive.

It's going to be an incredible car. I'm really looking forward to following your build as you post your progress.

D. Nye

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks John, I always like to talk about Mk IV history. As I told you the car is ready to ship and Intercity is scheduled to deliver the car in two weeks or so. I'll be sure to post lots of pictures when it arrives.

I look forward to seeing pictures of your build as it starts to really progress. I think you are way better at posting pictures then I am Don ,but I will try and keep up with posts as well as my mk-4 build.........mahlon:thumbsup:

D. Nye

Lifetime Supporter
Car loaded on Intercity truck yesterday afternoon. Driver tells me he will be at the house Saturday morning. I thought a few pictures were in order just to keep everyone up to date. I guess you know I'm excited!

Attachments

• DON NYE MKIV 042.jpg
    DON NYE MKIV 042.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 585
  • DON NYE MKIV 047.jpg
    DON NYE MKIV 047.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 631
  • DON NYE MKIV 1006.jpg
    DON NYE MKIV 1006.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 668
  • DON NYE MKIV 1007.jpg
    DON NYE MKIV 1007.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 610
  • DON NYE MKIV 1008.jpg
    DON NYE MKIV 1008.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 578

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Excited?? Hell, I'd be peeing my pants if mine was that close.... Congratulations Don.

That is just looking fantastic.

I'm just down the road from you in Katy, so I really must invite myself up there at some point to see it in person. :thumbsup:

Dr. David

Lifetime Supporter
Awesome car!
I know you have done your homework, (and then some), but for others, anodize the wheel spinners, blue right, red left, to compliment those great wheels!

It is very interesting to me that the brake cooling ducts on some of the cars came out from the radiator tunnel, behind the radiator, so as to warm the air that would cool the brakes. This was because the Mulsanne straight would require braking so hard as to make the rotors glow, and fracture the rotors from the temperature differential if the cooling air was too cold. Who would think of using warm air to cool the brakes?

Enjoy your build of this great car!

D. Nye

Lifetime Supporter
Well she arrived on schedule and it didn't take long to undress her. I will start posting more pictures when I can. Fran and the guys at RCR did a great job and I'm really happy with all the extra stuff. David I included a photo of the spinners, so you can see what I had waiting for her. Fran I think there something missing, drive pins. Dave P. I am having fun. Alan Stout send me a PM and I'll give you directions. David give me a call when you want to visit. Thanks everyone for all the good things said. I have been busy making little things for the car and started fitting some to check if I'm close. What do you think?

Don

Attachments

• 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    203.7 KB · Views: 557
  • 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    325.5 KB · Views: 581
  • 023.JPG
    023.JPG
    320.5 KB · Views: 544
  • 025.JPG