Don't tell my wife

Hi my name is John, I have always had a muscle car or two in the garage and
enjoy working on them. At the present time I have a 1969 A-12 Super Bee.
I was at a car show this summer where I saw my first GT-40 and have been bitten by the GT-40 bug. I would like to build my own car in the near future.
I live in North Jersey and would like to know if anyone is building or has built one of these cars. Any shows coming up in the area.
Thanks John

Welcome on board John. Dont forget to reduce all the claimed 40 spendings to the wife by at least 90%, this conversion in to the man $/£ will probably save your marriage.

Bob

Welcome on board John. Dont forget to reduce all the claimed 40 spendings to the wife by at least 90%, this conversion in to the man $/£ will probably save your marriage.

Wife+sells+car+parts.jpg

I've mostly told my wife what mine's cost, well the individual big bits rather than a total and ignoring all the little (sub-£100) items that add up so quickly anyway... :)

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40s John...

I've been associated to a couple of 1969 A12 restorations myself..

One thing you may want to consider is adding the cost of a kitchen and master bathroom remodel to your budget.. Ask us how we know this!

Lots of cars available from numerous sources here from scratch build components all the way up to turn-key cars..

Enjoy the forums!

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
One thing you may want to consider is adding the cost of a kitchen and master bathroom remodel to your budget.. Ask us how we know this!

'Foot isn't kidding, John. 'Kitchen and BMW here...not to mention a driveway re-grade (so the car's chin spoiler and rear diffuser [Ford GT] would clear)...which, in turn, required a landscape 'redo'.

Welcome, Sir! ('See what you're in for?)

:D

Welcome John:
Where in North Jersey are you?
I am near Clinton...It sounds like we arent far apart.
Phil

Hi Phil,
I live in Bergen County about an hour from you. For many years we would go to Flemington for the races. I would love to come out there and speak with you about my options. I'm new to this and would like to see what I'm getting into.
Thanks, John

Back