Drawing or CAD file Ford Engine Block M-6010-BS351BB

Hello,
I am looking for a drawing or even better CAD data for a Ford Block M-6010-BS351BB.
I want to design an adapter plate to my Audi R8 transmission. (Graziano)
Can someone of you maybe help me?
Or maybe there is such an adapter plate ready to buy?

Morten

Mortified GT
Supporter
Hi, try Fran at RCR. He’s done alot of work on Graziano.

Good luck

Morten

As a side note, most of the dimensions are a whole fraction. I was able to cad up a drilling guide that bolted onto the front cam journal mounts for a mate. This was to allow him to re drill and tap the mounting holes deeper or something. I drafted the part based on a photo, known dimension for scaling and then the rest of them I just eyeballed in cad and went to the nearest whole fraction. eg 5/16" or 7/8th" ect. what ever worked out closes.

emailed it to him, on the other side of the country ~ 3680km away (2286 mile) and he then got it water jet cut. Said I was spot on, or close enough that it would have worked. I think he may have made up some transfer punches to screw in and align a drill guide.

Anyway, certainly good enough for a starting point.

I don't where this "original" MK2 transaxle drawing came from but it includes the FE bolt pattern. I'd check dimensions before I started machining.

Attachments

• mk2_bell.zip
    33.9 KB · Views: 311
@Andy - Thanks for the link- is unfortunately the wrong gearbox

@Ryan L - Thanks for the link- the book is unfortunately not available here, certainly interesting.

@Morten - Thanks, I did not know that RCR has a finished plate,
I'll ask right away, unfortunately it is currently very expensive to send parts from USA to Germany :(

I don't where this "original" MK2 transaxle drawing came from but it includes the FE bolt pattern. I'd check dimensions before I started machining.

That could move me forward.
The drawing is based on inches as the unit of measurement, isn't it?
I'm a bit afraid that the conversion and scaling will make everything a bit inaccurate.
But if I still find a drawing with dimensions I can use it in any case as a reference.

Thank you!

Pretty sure that drawing came from one of the older/earlier members who was involved in the rebuild of one of the first MK2's, [ ADAM ]. I used the drawing along with others to make my FE/T44 Pattern, but be a while before I commit that to alloy.

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    337.8 KB · Views: 950

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Perhaps check with Chris - but he is Australian so perhaps freight would be similar (I believe he also did other Gearbox adaptors to these)

Ian

Dont know why I didn't think of this earlier.
Purchase Scan Files — Bremar Automotion 3D Scan Store (bremar3dscanstore.com)

I can point you in a location that will go one better than a drawing......
How about 3d scans of the Graziano transaxle!
Graziano Transaxle Transmission — Bremar Automotion 3D Scan Store (bremar3dscanstore.com)

There is also a ford Windsor block there, but the scan quality on that one is a lower resolution as the owner did not want to get it dusted (made non reflective) or disassembled.
It is still useful for checking clearances.
Ford 302 Windsor With Audi Transaxle — Bremar Automotion 3D Scan Store (bremar3dscanstore.com)

mono-w-windsor-o1e-jpg.110159

try this?????

I wonder if that would work as well.
Audi make the R8, which may share the same bolt pattern as the rest of the Audi V8 blocks. I believe the engine in the R8 is the same as the RS4, but with a dry sump.
the V10 in the Gallardo comes from the S6/RS6 audi, again with some modification, but still same base block.
Yes there is the cut out in the housing for the forward motion shaft. I would be surprised if a number of the holes did not line up.

Hi Ryan I have all the scans from Bremar, including the gearbox, unfortunately it is not accurate enough for an adapter plate.
I got a coordinate table of motor and gearbox today and designed with that, hope that is correct, but will check.
I could only use the outer contour, for the holes the scan of the gearbox is too inaccurate.
Platte.JPG

Pretty sure that drawing came from one of the older/earlier members who was involved in the rebuild of one of the first MK2's, [ ADAM ]. I used the drawing along with others to make my FE/T44 Pattern, but be a while before I commit that to alloy.

Thanks for the drawing, I will take a closer look and compare with what I already have

Thanks for the tip. I will get the original CAD Catia data from the automatic transmission tomorrow. It has the same flange. I will then post the flange image as a pic here. Now I just need to be sure about the flange image from the engine side.

Last edited:
Hello folksi,
I am looking for the connection of my Graziano to the 351 block still, the matching complete clutch, release bearing and flywheel.
Is there already something ready or do I have to do it all myself.
Does anyone have any tips or sources?

Did you check with Fran Hall at RCR? He makes adapters for the Graziano to some engines. I have the Ford bellhousing dimensions if you need them. PM me.

Hello Eric, Thanks for the tip. I found the clutch kit and adapter yesterday on Fran's SLC page. Have already written to him

Back