Edit function

For a while with this 'new' website we had an 'edit' function, this now seems to have gone walkabout, any chance it might return sometime, being a 'relatively old' bloke I make the odd error now n again and it was a handy thing to have to fix things before folk got the wrong idea about what I was trying to explain. I realise in the past it was being abused somewhat, like to think those types have now gone walkabout-for good!

I'm with you on that Jac Mac.
Looks like you need to be a 'supporter' of some kind to be allowed to edit your posts now Dwight, might have to review my posting standards....fromhereonwardallpostswillbecontinousinformattinordertosavepreciouswebsitespace.............

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
It’s Ron’s house and rules guys....
Jac - That would be extremely annoying and it won’t win you edit capabilities or new friends.
If you feel the need to make clarifications, just add another post whilst quoting the first one.
Pretty simple actually....

Ron Earp

Admin
Sorry I missed this thread. Was editing on at some point in the past? If we need to have it standard we can but I did put it as one of the perks of the site to maybe entice people to support the site.

Yes, the edit function was on for use by everyone with the new server deal until approx two weeks or so ago. Now I see you list it as a 'plus' for supporters only. I see it as a plus when I do some tech type replies as I can add a bit of extra info or a link later that might add to the explanation & keep it relevant to the subject & person involved rather than half a page away later.

It’s Ron’s house and rules guys....
Jac - That would be extremely annoying and it won’t win you edit capabilities or new friends.
If you feel the need to make clarifications, just add another post whilst quoting the first one.
Pretty simple actually....
No 'Quote', its now a 'Reply' pad to click on.-- having said goodbye to most of my youth & talent I was taking a leaf out of your book and learning to live with old age & treachery!!!

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
No 'Quote', its now a 'Reply' pad to click on.-- having said goodbye to most of my youth & talent I was taking a leaf out of your book and learning to live with old age & treachery!!!

Right on the Quoting... Not so sure that the Old Age and treachery is working so great for me either these days...
If I had my druthers, I'd make the ability to edit Moderator Selectable - Moderators have a pretty good feel for who is up to no good.. Now when it comes to The Pub, I would turn off all edit capabilities after 15 minutes. But we need to get that online before we start tweeking it..

Ron Earp

Admin
Might be permissions for individual forums are set incorrectly. That's the only way I can see that Jac Mac can edit freely in some forums and not others. I'll look into it.

As for making editing Moderator Selectable, that feature doesn't exist. Edit exists for a class of user, or, as a feature for a specific forum for a class of user. But turning it on and off for individuals doesn't exist as far as I know.

Might be permissions for individual forums are set incorrectly. That's the only way I can see that Jac Mac can edit freely in some forums and not others. I'll look into it.

As for making editing Moderator Selectable, that feature doesn't exist. Edit exists for a class of user, or, as a feature for a specific forum for a class of user. But turning it on and off for individuals doesn't exist as far as I know.
I just replied on Howards SLC post & notice that I can edit that if I wish, whereas on this thread there is no 'Edit' pad.... I must be special.. perhaps on tech threads only!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha.

Back