Enthusiast Club Hit Stoneleigh

Well May 5 saw 28 GT40 Enthusiast club members attend the Stoneleigh Kit car show
fdc0a50c.jpg

fdc0a50d.jpg
fdc0a50e.jpg

fdc0a513.jpg

fdc0a5c1.jpg

fdc0a5c4.jpg

Look at this CCTV in a 40!!
fdc0a5c3.jpg

fdc0a5c5.jpg

fdc0a5c6.jpg

fdc0a5f8.jpg

[ May 08, 2002: Message edited by: Chris Melia ]

Ron Earp

Admin
You UK guys have it made! For us to get that many GT40s together in one area within the US would require some real cars as well. Maybe not, but you get the picture. Lots more GT40s over there than here, that is for sure.

At least for drivers, I'd guess that ERA has the most on the road in the US. Anyone know how many are out there?

R

[ May 08, 2002: Message edited by: R. Earp ]

I've got a load of photos as well that'll be posted on the enthusiasts club web site....

There was also a couple of other cars around the site that weren't with the club, one with a regional car club, and a KVA for sale in the halls.. so 30 cars in total...

I saw at least 2 guys wondering off the club stand with that thoughtful (doing some mental sums) look in their eyes... 2 more converts I hope!

Neil

G

Ron

It WILL happen some day...
We WILL get 28 GT40s together again.
Question is when and where.

Regarding ERA, I'm sure Bob Putnam can answer
but I'd guess between 50 and 100 sold.
With all the other manufacturers shipping
product, and with the new national awareness or the GT40, it will be interesting to see
how quickly the population expands in the US.

The biggest problem to getting UK size meets remains our large geographic territory.
The US is just damn big, and the cars are spread out as the Forum clearly shows.

But even getting 5 or 10 cars together on
a regular basis will be a thrill. Can't wait!

MikeD

G

In specific answer to Fred's question above go to
www.gtd40club.co.uk

It is always good to see a large gathering of 40's wherever it may be. Long may it continue.

Malcolm

[ May 10, 2002: Message edited by: Malcolm M ]

[ May 10, 2002: Message edited by: Malcolm M ]

Back