EU suckers.

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
For some reason, I thought that we had a monopoly on cretinous bureaucrats & politicians here in Oz - clearly wrong !!

I thought I could stay out of topics like this, until it saw this topic!

I hate the EU and everything that it stands for.

T qualify that last statement, I hate what it really stands for. Not what they would like us to believe that it stands for.

Wankers.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Before too long there'll be govt personnel assigned to each of us to supervise paper usage in the 'loo' as well...not to mention the number of flushes per day. (They already dictate the number of gallons per each.)

How about another mind numbing EU directive that has affected me personally. The EU decided that anyone that drives an hgv has to achieve 35 hours of training to achieve the new drivers CPC ( certificate of professional competence ) by september or he /she will no longer be able to drive a truck . Thats 35 hours , 5 days off work and costing £400 to sit through something that is attendance only with no obligation to even be awake.There are five modules and you can sit the same one five times and still pass :shout: Below is a snap I took of a lad on the course that only woke up to go home . It must have cost the UK transport industry millions , that does not take into account the further 8 hours a year to keep it going. I have five drivers that work for me:furious:

Bob

Driver CPC Training | Easy as HGV

I had a nice little international recreational vessel inspection contract with one of the EU "Notified Bodies" for those manufacturers complying with and receiving "CE" certifications. I always provided solutions to the problems encountered too. Watched the simple process grow in complexity from 1998 until 2009 when I simply quit dealing with the BS and politics involved. I think my "issues" began when I introduced a new Aussie inspector to the group (inspectors from 21 country's) as the "Gentleman from the OTHER failed Colonial experiment." That, and telling the German EU minister what I really thought in 2005. He was not at all pleased.

Back