Euroland

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Oh dear, what can the matter be....

I bet Germany and France wish they had gone back to Deutsche Mark and the
French Franc before the results of this election in Greece came in last night.

Steve

Supporter
It's only a matter of time before the Greeks leave (or more likely are booted out) of the Eurozone.

Oh dear, what can the matter be....

I bet Germany and France wish they had gone back to Deutsche Mark and the
French Franc before the results of this election in Greece came in last night.

David--nobody on this side of the Atlantic has the slightest idea what you're talking about. What election?

In this case, ignorance is bliss....:sad:

"that side of the Atlantic"...or its MEDIA.

We're not clairvoyant over here, ya know... :evil:

There is easily accessible media from all over the world available right now. Takes very little effort to include it in your viewing routine - if you are trying to maintain a balanced view.

Tim.

Maybe someone should set up something really relevant - such as, oh I don't know, maybe a car forum, which people could fill with politics... Er... I mean could use to inform others of important personal opinions... Er I mean could inform others of important events... Yeah that's it... ;)

Tim.

While on the subject of Europe and Greece, I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate prince Philip on his well deserved knighthood from Australia...

FFS!

I may stop swearing in a decade or so...

FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim.

Just when I thought our esteemed fu... Er prime minister, couldn't possibly find another forelock...

Sorry David, back to you mate. ;)

Tim.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
There is easily accessible media from all over the world available right now. Takes very little effort to include it in your viewing routine - if you are trying to maintain a balanced view.

Tim.

You know, Tim, I may be one of the few who preaches adopting a "balanced view"...it seems that our country has become so polarized that there is very little opportunity for balance.

We have become a country of extremes, sadly :thumbsdown:

Doug

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Are you sure the Greeks haven't turned Irish? As I understand it the left has formed a coalition with a right wing party!!! Wtf?
Tim does that mean that Abbott has demoted Phil the Greek?

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter

Soooooooo...I take it non Europeans should scan "media from all over the world" on, what, a daily if not hourly basis to keep abreast of whatever may be happening over there?

Seriously?!

Soooooooo...I take it non Europeans should scan "media from all over the world" on, what, a daily if not hourly basis to keep abreast of whatever may be happening over there?

Seriously?!

I don't know. Depends how interested you are in the rest of the world I guess.

Lol Keith! You are spot on. I hope he takes it as unhappily as many here are about it.

Tim. (Non European - with a European queen... Well English... British... German... Well whatever the hell she is)

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Mike,
Don't worry about it. It's nothing to do with OBAMA, or any other one outside of Euroland. It's looking to be the start of the death throws of the Euro as a currency. We did hear that Germany and France had printed a load of their respective currencies in case the Euro collapsed.
PS the election was in Greece to replace the discredited government though it remains to be seen how long this one will last.
"Beware a Greek bearing gifts" Vergils aenied.

Cut some of us some slack here. I read about the elections and with those results and the falling oil prices plus the added kicker of a possible succession fight in Saudi Arabia and even more Middle East destabilisation I think this is going to be a "insert favorite obtuse expression here" year.

Back