Exhaust bracket

Sean S.

Supporter
Bumping this old post to see what everyone is using for the hold down springs these days. Looks like the previous links in this thread are all obsolete.

Im trying to source these type of springs to hold my pipes in place.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
This post is to replace what Photo-bukit Hijacked..
I didn’t see the need for springs, so I mounted my mufflers to a bracket with T-Bolt clamps. The bracket was mounted to a bracket on the transaxle via Insulated Fiber washers to minimize heat transfer from the mufflers..
Since my old website is now long gone - I only have a handful of photos to share here..
IMG_2605.jpeg
IMG_2604.jpeg
IMG_2601.jpeg
IMG_2600.jpeg
IMG_5258.jpeg

Sean S.

Supporter
Be aware that literally any spring will lose it’s “spring” over time when subjected to high temperatures…
I like the way the springs look, although I wondered about the heat too. I also wonder how they do with the ceramic coatings, do they rub them off the pipes?

Sean S.

Supporter
This post is to replace what Photo-bukit Hijacked..
I didn’t see the need for springs, so I mounted my mufflers to a bracket with T-Bolt clamps. The bracket was mounted to a bracket on the transaxle via Insulated Fiber washers to minimize heat transfer from the mufflers..
Since my old website is now long gone - I only have a handful of photos to share here..
View attachment 134052View attachment 134053
Im interested in this oiling system for the G50 now. That looks really cool. Do you have more information on it? Is this something you designed or a kit?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Im interested in this oiling system for the G50 now. That looks really cool. Do you have more information on it? Is this something you designed or a kit?
Designed myself. Drilled and tapped directly above each gear set. The fittings were 3/8 NPT to my recollection. There were restrictors added to the fittings that had .030” holes in them.
The pump was a 12v Moroso gear lube pump like what’s used in NASCAR differential coolers.

Sean S.

Supporter
Designed myself. Drilled and tapped directly above each gear set. The fittings were 3/8 NPT to my recollection. There were restrictors added to the fittings that had .030” holes in them.
The pump was a 12v Moroso gear lube pump like what’s used in NASCAR differential coolers.
It definitely came out looking great sir!

Dang it, now I want to add one. :rolleyes:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
It definitely came out looking great sir!

Dang it, now I want to add one. :rolleyes:
Thanks I appreciate that - but you’re going to have to have the case “empty” to drill and tap it.
While I designed the system, the new owner of the car, Mitch Krause did the final plumbing..

Back