F1 is boring me to death!!!!

Keith

Well, Maradonna must have got close when he claimed that his fat hand that deflected the ball from a certain goal (thus denying England World Cup victory)was "the hand of God" and the referee (bless him) obviously thought that this was a classy statement and allowed the maneuver. :mad:

Nice to see another new winner, no excuses from further down the field he was just quicker than them.
I bet its given Michael something to think about. He didnt look overjoyed afterwards.

Senna never pretended to be a nice guy on the track, but I think the competiton he had was far stiffer than Schumy has had over the years.
I thought it was quite funny that Jenson Button couldnt better Nigel Mansell's time in the Top Gear reasonably priced car timed lap competition recently, he looked gutted, and should be :lol:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Place your bets

Another terrific race with lots of passing on the track and the first pole and win for Massa, a great battle for the minors, and Webber actually managed to finish...
Now gentlemen it is time to place your bets... Who will be Champion Michael or Fernando?

Keith

The best thing that can happen is that MS wins (again) because if he does, I reckon he'll retire straight away, and lets be fair, he needs to retire. If he doesn't chances are he'll go another year and another until he wins it again.

Good though he is, I reckon we're all Schumi'd out now and it's time for him to hang up his helmet (at least in F1). boomsmile

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
2007 CALENDAR. (Provisional?)

Australia March 18
Malaysia April 08
Bahrain April 15
Spain May 13
Monaco May 27
Canada June 10
United States June 17
France July 01
United Kingdom July 08
Germany July 22
Hungary August 05
Turkey August 26
Italy September 09
Belgium September 16
China September 30
Japan October 07
Brazil October 21

Note - Imola has been dropped and Germany only has one slot.

Ouch that Oz to Malayasia gap looks a bit painful.

I reckon Alonso will win the Championship.

But reckon Ferrari could win the constructers :eek:

I think Schumy will retire whatever the outcome, especially if Massa kicks butt like that again.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
ROME, Aug 29 (Reuters) - San Marino Grand Prix organisers remained hopeful on Tuesday that they would have a Formula One race next year despite it being left off the 2007 calendar.

"We're not dead yet," the mayor of Imola, Massimo Marchignoli, told Italian news agency ANSA.

The 17-race calendar issued by International Automobile Federation had just one round pencilled in for Italy, on the September date usually reserved for Monza.

There was however a gap of nearly a month between Bahrain on April 15 and Spain on May 13 where Imola, the circuit closest to Ferrari's headquarters in Maranello, would normally fit.

"Certainly, the appearance of this FIA document is unexpected," said Marchignoli.

"Only a few days ago, (Formula One supremo Bernie) Ecclestone told the president of Sagis (the company that runs Imola) that the race would be held on April 29."

The renovation of Imola's pits and paddock, which Ecclestone had demanded as a condition of retaining the circuit, would begin shortly, said Marchignoli.

"I've noticed that there's a month-long hole in the calendar. Everything seems to be telling us: 'Imola, you've still got a place if you get things sorted out'," he added.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Monza

Any body going to Monza this coming weekend ? I'll be located at the north end outside the Lesmo corners. Just a quick reminder about security, especially if you are camping. Plenty of gypsies in Milan and they see the camp sites as rich pickings so be careful.
Phone number at this event +44 7767 450989.
Dave M

Re: Monza

About time this subject came to the fore again. Is anyone going to the China GP this weekend? Very close points situation now.

Regards
Dave Tickle

Keith

Grrrrrrrrr...:mad:

I thought I was safe reading the forum - it's not being televised here until 3pm this afternoon!

That snippet will take the shine off the show for sure....:(

Never mind, it's good for the championship....if not for my viewing pleasure.:)

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
I have to say that I have not been a big F1 fan--I put it and NASCAR on an even par for totally different reasons. (Although, Bernie and Bill seem to be cut from the same piece of cloth, just cut on a different bias.) I would watch it if no other racing was on, but this year has been more fun to watch than any season in recent memory. The racing in the wet has been the most fun. A lot of expensive equipment getting torn up, but great fun to watch.

The only thing that would make it better for me would be Scott Speed, at least, being competitive. Unfortunately, he and Danica Patrick have both appeared to be tokens in respective series. Not to leave Champ Car unscathed, they now have a token American driver as well in A.J. Allmendinger (Jimmy Vaser is so far down in the standings as to not count.) But I blame NASCAR for this as well. Its not that Eurpeans are the only ones who can drive open wheel or road courses, but NASCAR is like a big black hole where racing dollars in the US are concerned. Its even starting to suck in American and European sports car drivers from Grand Am and ALMS. But, I digress and will now step down off of the soap box and get ready to watch the Cinese Grand Prix tonight at midnight.

Happy motoring,
Lynn

Hi Pete

Not sure if you are asking me or Dave Morton about the weather forecast. I was at qualifying today and although the rain wasn't hard, it was steady for about 30 mins before the session. Chinese TV and the papers forecast much the same for tomorrow.
I haven't heard from Dave M this time, so not sure if he is here or not.
Qualy was quite exciting, many drivers having moments just after turn in on the first corner.
Looking forward to the race! The local papers reported that ticket sales rocketted since Schumacher announced his retirement.

Dave Tickle

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Hi To Dave T et all,
Still unpacking boxes etc as we moved house in July though I didn't really get to live here until after Monza (mid September) and combined with Briatore swiping most of the budget for entertaining I have only been doing the European races this year. I'm also moving out of my workshops in early December so it's a very busy period right up until until Christmas.
I'm still doing met briefings for Pat Symonds at the flyaways however so I'll leave Dave T to give the local information from Shanghai.
Anybody passing along the M40 into or out of the Smoke, we are 2 miles from J4, the beer fridge in the garage is stocked up now and the coffee is always on and my phone numbers are listed on racemet.com

regards
Dave M

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Keith1 said:
Grrrrrrrrr...:mad:

I thought I was safe reading the forum - it's not being televised here until 3pm this afternoon!

That snippet will take the shine off the show for sure....:(

Never mind, it's good for the championship....if not for my viewing pleasure.:)

So sorry Keith, it's not often we get anything in our time zone. I promise not to post race results.

Hi David T and M. It was actually David M I was referring to I had forgotten he was only doing the European races. I'm hoping for a wet race it will be more interesting.

Back