Fat Larry's GTR Build

Ok so front hood detached from front clip now I need to install The raised alum side panels and install the hinges for a active hood still have a few ideas for the hood latch mechanism. Once done move to rear clam shell.

Attachments

Ok started the day cleaning up after my newbey daughter the carpenter she decided to make raised vegetable gardens once I finished the cleanup I took a 12 inch long 1/2 thick x 1 1/2 wide alum bar 45 degree one side for the fiberglass radius and then drilled and tapped two 1/4 x 20 holes for mounting the hinge I used 3/4 od x 5/8 long round tubing for spacers and a piece of flat stock to hold everything in place I also drilled a series of 1/4 holes in the bar so the West Marine Six adhesive would flow into the holes and act as a dowel pin tomorrow I will do the aluminum panels for the front end

Attachments

Well worked on the hood hinges today I am close to finishing just a few more tweaks and should be good to go and then I will create a locking system for the hood

Attachments

Ok so it was a very productive weekend I was able to get the steering support in cut the holes in the dash for the gauges install the A/C vents and install the wiper motor this week and weekend on to some alum fab for the front radiator scopes I still don’t understand why some photos come in upside down

Attachments

I still don’t understand why some photos come in upside down
I'm guess you are using an iPhone, it's a common problem. What I do is save the pictures to my laptop, open them with paint and save them to a new file name. This fixes the meta-data and allows them to orient correctly. Only takes a few seconds to open and save as.

Well finally got the cooling fan shroud built and in I think I will powder coat it later I need to order more hardware now moving on to the latch system

Attachments

So yesterday I spent the day making up the steel backing plates for the doors to allow for more adjustment and fine tuning of the doors now that this is done I can move onto the back clam shell. I received one of H‘s clam shell kits along with my rear lights on Friday perfect timing

Attachments

Well this weekend was getting H‘s clam shell hinge kit mounted in which I had to modify because the boys at RCR cut out the rear locking clips center section so I had to make a couple of 1/4 alum plates to mount the alum blocks. I had to order wider aluminum blocks so I can pickup the original holes from the latch I also had to order some new shim blocks for mounting the hinges to the rear frame I also did some work on the rear lights and they will be ready once I bond in the rear housings One question for those who have already mounted the rear lights what is the thread size in the lense Also the rear clam shell to the spider I just can’t seem to get it perfect as you can see in one of the photos I assume we all are experiencing the same isue

Attachments

Just curious is anyone else having problems getting the Hella Mounting Brackets part # 157659007 I have had mine on order from Jegs for 2 months and are still backordered.

Ok so rear clam shell is done added Ford OEM struts an tack weld all of my support blocks once I do a final removal of the engine and trans prior to wiring I will paint and powder coat all the misc pieces now moving on to the front support strut.i also glued in the light buckets and license plate holder

Attachments

So today I had a day off from work and tomorrow also so it’s nice to spend the whole day in the garage I made up shim blocks for the rear clip instead of the 9,000 washers RCR sends with the car tomorrow will be powder coating the rear hinge kit and then reassemble I took a picture prior to powder coating

Attachments

What’s that old saying never throw anything away I replaced my sons exhaust system on his 2016 Mustang recently and I saved the tail pipe ends thinking I could use them someday we’ll today was the day they fit perfect on my GTR

Attachments