First time a Tornado in Barcelona

Hi Scott, I am excited to hear the engine I hope in two or three weeks the engine is running...
Hi Jason, this box is a petrol tank to ensure petrol for the pump, my mechanic want to do the "best petrol pipeline in the world", first we put a small pump from each petrol tank to the small tank and the principal pump takes petrol from this small tank, after the pump there is a pressure regulator because this engine works at very determinate pressure....

Very nice build Oriol, so fast and with a great attention to detail, your fuel/petrol setup its great, a very neat and clever solution to the twin tank FI return issue :thumbsup:

Testing the body

5-4-2012c.jpg

5-4-2012a.jpg

5-4-2012e.jpg

5-4-2012f.jpg

respect for your work so far, eye for detail in the build, also that engine sounds lovely.
I also can't remember seeing a LHD centre-shift Tornado before :) nice.

Last edited:
Hi I just started looking through your build pix. Great looking. But there is one thing I noticed as a plumber by trade. How are your refridgerant copper line soldered? They look to be done in lead based solder (soft). I can tell you that they need to be silver soldered (hard). Use actual silver bearing solder actually it's siver brazing "soldering" is a miss-nomer. The vibration, expantion/contraction & pressures will break appart lead solder joints. It's also best to use as few joints as possable & copper specificaly for refridgerant lines not water.
Mike S

Very Nice Oriol,
One thing though ... I am expecting the next pictures would be of you driving it down the road !
The builds going " faster than a rat up a drain pipe "

Hi I just started looking through your build pix. Great looking. But there is one thing I noticed as a plumber by trade. How are your refridgerant copper line soldered? They look to be done in lead based solder (soft). I can tell you that they need to be silver soldered (hard). Use actual silver bearing solder actually it's siver brazing "soldering" is a miss-nomer. The vibration, expantion/contraction & pressures will break appart lead solder joints. It's also best to use as few joints as possable & copper specificaly for refridgerant lines not water.
Mike S

Hi Mike, all is silver soldered dont worry

The electronic circuit is finished, the electric installation is completed pendent the body installation, the dashboard is compliant with the IVA test (I suppose)

27-04-2012c.jpg

27-04-2012d.jpg

we are having some problems with the suspension bars and the big Coyote exhaust, and gear box, and....many things

8-05-2012a.jpg

Back