Ford v. Ferrari trailer

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
'Looks like it might be a good one.
Release date November 15, 2019...right after th' bride and I are scheduled to return from 'Vegas...'actuarials' permitting... ;-)

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
If I recall the only GT40 HF II is reputed to have ridden in is a MK I roadster so doubt Miles took him for a spin in a MK II but it is a "movie" after all......

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Can't wait, though I hope the dramatization stays in balance with the history. Apollo 13 was a neat movie, Apollo 11 was awesome.

Neil

Supporter
Can't wait, though I hope the dramatization stays in balance with the history. Apollo 13 was a neat movie, Apollo 11 was awesome.

Joline and I saw "Apollo 11" in an IMAX theater in Nashville- it was really awesome! The Saturn engine sound was harrowing.

Somewhere somebody posted pics of the RCR GT40 camera cars with their dramatically extended wheelbase, but for the life of me I can’t find it. Can somebody give direction to that post please? Thanks!

If I recall the only GT40 HF II is reputed to have ridden in is a MK I roadster so doubt Miles took him for a spin in a MK II but it is a "movie" after all......

Point well taken. However, I think Matt Damon, who is driving the Mk II with HF near the end of the trailer is playing Shelby. I think Christian Bales plays Miles. Seeing a scene like that makes me wonder if a ride like that was supposed to have actually happened.

Yes they are RCR. Apparently for simplicity and ease of maintenance (which is to say, no maintenance) they are powered by Chevy LS engines, not Fords. A friend in France is hoping to buy one of the standard-spec cars, as they are worth substantially less than a GT40 powered by a proper Ford engine, but the bureaucracy is unbelievable. The cars were brought into France as props, not cars. Subsequently going through the hassle to get them sell-able (even as race cars) may prove too difficult, and not worth the effort. Sadly it wouldn’t surprise me if they were all junked, although I can imagine they would first get trotted around to be shown off at movie premiers.....

Ron Scarboro

GT40s Supporter
Supporter
Wonder if RCR put them together like Fast & Furious. It would make sense if some were specifically built as prop cars. Converting them to road going cars could be time consuming.

Pat

Supporter
Matt Damon is certainly a stretch but at least it's not Tom Cruise who was talked about in the Shelby role initially. They got the Dan Gurney casting pretty close though . Apparently it will be his son Alex. I also hope they give Phil Remington his due.

While searching for the trailer, I stumbled on this documentary which I really enjoyed. And learned about the different characters.
Free with amazon prime..

Neil

Supporter
Early in the movie the narrator states that TV cameras were at Le Mans for the first time. Not true- I watched the race on German television the year that a Mercedes 300SLR driven by Pierre Levegh went into the crowd, killing scores of spectators. That was in 1955.

Wonder if RCR put them together like Fast & Furious. It would make sense if some were specifically built as prop cars. Converting them to road going cars could be time consuming.
Last year I visited RCR as it's a short distance from work.
Chatting with Fran he mentioned the cars they were finishing for the film production company and they built a 250 GTO replica on a Datsun 240 chassis, it's in the camera shot for 3 seconds.
There was also a MK-I there that was used in the Fast & Furious film, I believe it was sold.
For an accurate telling of the story I found the "24 Hour War" on Amazon much better.

regards,
jim p

Poster in Australia

Attachments

• FordvFerrariPoster.jpg
    FordvFerrariPoster.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 484
Back