Ford vs. Ferrari--New Official Trailer

Hi:

I am somewhat of a movie buff, and at a huge movie industry convention going on now in Las Vegas Disney showed the first official trailer from "Ford vs. Ferrari" (Disney now owns 20th Century Fox, the studio). Apparently, it absolutely floored the attendees and was a huge hit. I haven't been able to find the trailer, and for those wanting a documentary I am sure it will be disappointing, but I for one do not really mind Hollywood glorifying my car.

/s/ Chris Kennedy

Found out about this film a few months ago, very excited for it’s release.
Really hope they do the story, people, place and cars justice.
If it is purely set around 1966, maybe 1967 too, then I think there should be a couple of follow up films of the JW Automotive years,
1st being the GT40 David vs Goliath 1968 & ‘69 years, maybe call it ‘Ford vs Porsche’.
2nd being the turn of the 917. Maybe called ‘if you can’t beat them, join them,’

Neil

Supporter
No one from this film has consulted John Horsman about the JWAE efforts so I assume it will be all about Shelby.

The script as I understand is not about the car but about the personalities, primarily Ken Miles & Carroll Shelby.
The supporting personalities are Lee Iaccoca, HF-II, il Commendatore Enzo Ferrari.
As it's a hollywood film not a automotive documentary, I expect quite a bit of artistic / narrative wandering from the historical facts.
It will not be as accurate as say "The 24 Hr. war".
That said it may re-introduce to younger ( X-box, PS4 ) generation the wild daring era of sports car racing's golden decade the 1960's.
best regards,
jim p

The script as I understand is not about the car but about the personalities, primarily Ken Miles & Carroll Shelby.
The supporting personalities are Lee Iaccoca, HF-II, il Commendatore Enzo Ferrari.
As it's a hollywood film not a automotive documentary, I expect quite a bit of artistic / narrative wandering from the historical facts.
It will not be as accurate as say "The 24 Hr. war".
That said it may re-introduce to younger ( X-box, PS4 ) generation the wild daring era of sports car racing's golden decade the 1960's.
best regards,
jim p

The Hollywood Roman and Greek epics are what got me to be interested in classical history to begin with----if I needed to rely on my school teachers to get me interested in this, then, well, forget it. Once interested, then you can separate facts from fiction, but you have to get interested first.

/s/ Chris Kennedy

Neil

Supporter
Chris;

Those "Hollywood Roman and Greek Epics" are referred to as "Sword and Sandal films". :)

Bummer, just saw they pushed back the release date from June to November.
I've been eagerly waiting for this since beginning of last year
Can't wait :)

we are getting closer, I was able to score a movie movie poster from a theater already
imagejpeg_0(1).jpg

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
I'm planning on advertising via our club facebook page here in Melbourne Australia to get a bunch of cars to a drive-in.
Reclined seating should be quite comfortable. Not sure what to do about the lack of radio in the car..... Minor problems really.

Bill, I have mentioned this with the clubman builders, I think they were keen to see it as well. When "Rush" came out, we went as a group and saw it with the Lotus club and another group at the Jam Factory. Most people at the cinema ended up at the pub over the road for a chat and a few beers after. Was a good night.

I think we might be trying to organize something similar again.

Back