FORDS AT CHICAGO AUTO SHOW

Just got back from the Chicago Auto show a few hours ago, and I'm here to tell you that Ford kicked some Major Butt with their displays! Three turntables, one with the new Mustang, the second with the new Cobra and the third with the new GT. All the cars were in the same shade of Silver and all were beautiful. I didn't like the new Cobra till I saw in person. Very Cool! Behind the turntables was a large screen TV and as the host spoke of a particular car it was running on the screen. for the finale all the cars were racing together. The exhaust notes of the cars and the pix gave an old gear head like me Goose Bumps! I tried to get some pix of the cars but the crowds were tremendous. I did manage to get a small shot of the Silver GT. If the show comes to a town near you, it is worth the price of admission. Of course after all that excitement we had to go to Hooters and unwind with Hot Wings and beers.

Attachments

• 31038-silver 40.jpg
    31038-silver 40.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 199
The cars are going to be at the Atlanta show March 10 through 15. I'll be there and take some more pictures to post. Joe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I had the privilege of attending the Detroit show (2004 NAIAS) and it was a real treat seeing the GT up close. Considering the crowds gathered around it and the Mustang, I would suspect that Ford execs would be happy with the result...

Rick

Back