Francesco (fra75) gt40 project

That's some very nice machining. Looks a great upright !

Thanks, maybe once I have finished assembling the power arms and upper arms I have made in steel, I will also make aluminum ones, but first I have to finish assembling the brakes (porsche ) and the hubs.
I will use steel pieces (which for me is easier to modify during construction) as a template to make everything in dural aluminum

The brakes: porsche 991 (997 of 2008) obviously I have to build the brackets to mount them, these brakes are used but I plan to rebuild it and use new disks

Brakes look great. I have grabbed a set of Porsche 996 front calipers for mine thus far.

Hopefully i can fit them in 15" wheels.

What wheel size are you planing Francesco?

Just remember with a 15" wheel you only have a 170mm radius to work with, so your calipers need to be under that fitted.

cheers John

What are you doing for a handbrake Francesco?
i had a look at the rear discs on a GT3 the other day and they were running an alloy hat with the drum handbrake running inside the alloy carrier. i think i could make that work but the 350mm diameter disc will be too big.

Ryan

Being this project, not a historically correct faithful replica, but rather a "tribute" to both gt 40 and the shelby (self donor of the engine)I thought I could mount her original svt rims at the front and make it to the CNC (I want to mount wide tires 12-13 ") the rear wheels with the same 19"
This is just an idea .... I liked being able to use some pieces of the gt 500 2011 that destroyed me and pay tribute to the great carroll shelby at the same time as the GT 40
I accept criticism .... and opinions

Meanwhile I add some photos of the "monster" that I'm "fooling" in the back of the passenger compartment
The chassis is not yet complete, I still have to work a bit before reaching what I have in mind, but for now it's already nice to see.

Back