G96/G86 - Any Shared Audi Components?

Hello,

I've come across all sorts of great info on this forum. So I thought I would join up to ask more questions... I'm from the V8 Porsche community - I have a 997 with a Gen V LT1 mated to a G96 (car was previously a tiptronic, so I opted for G96 during the swap). Machined my own adapters, uses a stock 991.2 or 991.1 GT3 twin disc clutch with dual mass flywheel. It's a fantastic combo! Of course, as you all know, the annoyance of the Porsche boxes with V8s is the short gearing. Albins used to make a 0.6 6th gear, and it sounds like they are planning to bring this back based on some emails exchanged with Retro-Sport.

What I am wondering, is there any Audi boxes that share components? It seems like the 0A2 and Cayman S G87 are identical except gear ratios, so the 6th gear set that Advanced Automation sells is a perfect drop in for the Cayman swaps (or just getting an entire 0A2). However, I am unable to find anything on the G86/G96/G97 for Audi interchangeability. 01X seems to be from a similar time period, but maybe it's not similar internally.

Thanks!

The 01X has narrower gears than the 01E so probably not anything that would swap into the Porsche box. You might try California Motorsports and see what they know. I havent see an 0A2 so cant comment on them but the 01E/01X look different externally than the Boxster/Cayman transmissions so I would suspect not much would interchange.

The 01X has narrower gears than the 01E so probably not anything that would swap into the Porsche box. You might try California Motorsports and see what they know. I havent see an 0A2 so cant comment on them but the 01E/01X look different externally than the Boxster/Cayman transmissions so I would suspect not much would interchange.
I did shoot them a message too, they didn't think any audi parts transferred in either unfortunately. Good to know the 01X has smaller gears, that checks that one off too unfortunately. Maybe Albins will bring back their 6th gear sooner if other show some interest. But I'm also thinking the price of used 7 speed manuals may come down in the near future. Probably not ideal for you guys with the GT40 bodies unfortunately.

Back