Global Warming - My Frozen Arse!

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Guys, since we are suffering some persistent cold weather here in Scotland, I payed some attention to my outhouse which has a toilet, and washing machine, putting some extra lagging on pipes and de-icing the cistern and bowl.
It came to me that I could help prevent freezing with some salt, so I knicked my wifes bag of cooking salt and chucked it in the pan and cistern. I wont use it again until this spell of Global Warming is over
so I don't freeze my arse off.

So, while we are suffering from this horrendous spell of Global Warming, does anyone have any other tips on avoiding the consequences?

Dave

Keith

I don't know whther you noticed Dave, but the "Witchdoctors of Weather" quietly dropped the term "Global Warming" in favour of "Climate Change" a generous catch all description that neatlly sidestepped their specious argument that "Global Warming" was in fact responsible for "Arctic Weather conditions" when it was patently obvious that even the dumbest of the dumb could drive a GT40 through that patricular argument.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Screw driver ball on/off valves somewhere near the origin and drain cocks some where near the conclusion. Drain the system down in the winter. Leave the cistern/ bowl/ and traps with either high concentrate of glycol/antifreeze or salt or both.
This may be contrary to what the water board tell you you are allowed to flush away but they will never trace it back to you.

Also did anyone hear about "Climate Gate": look it up.

Hate to say it but it seems that global worming has become the new religion. You can't prove it, you just have to have faith in it (while freezing your Arse off).<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Molleur, good point there, my money can't go down the pan if the pan is frozen solid:idea:

Jimmy, nice selection of heaters there, worth a go for sure. Even more so since the washing machine froze during the night (only -7degC). I'll let you know.:thumbsup:

Keith, right, all our GT40s side by side!

Dave, good solutions, I'll consider those!

A-tomic, so I could fit trace heating to the seat as well as the pipes - excellent!

252lifer, I didn't say I had worms! Oh its just a typo isnt it. Meditation and contemplation is without doubt the cheapest solution.:laugh:

regards
Dave

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Another quick solution Dave - A heater mat that is used under floor tiles and a simple skim of tiles to cover it. Minimum sizes are about 1m square and quite cheap really.
It's what we use in our utility room which has no other heating seems to work OK with a washing machine out there. We've had -8c every night for the last week or so and everything is still running. Expect to pay about £60 to £70 including controller.

Keith

Dave, what do you mean MY frozen arse?

What about ours?

To Whit:

frozengreatbritain-frostlastnighjpg.jpg

Photo courtesy of the Morton Space Centre
Marlow Bucks

Taken yesterday am

Satellite: Morton Aerospace Mk IV GWBD Module

Maintained by Morton Space Utility Inc, Shuttle "Limoncello"

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Yep, we got the same blast, normal this time of year is in the 30s F, last night was 1 F with 20 MPH wind and colder tonight. My 95+ furness requires a drain tube they have frozen through the brick wall.

Attachments

• DSCN3578.jpg
    DSCN3578.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 287
  • DSCN3579.jpg
    DSCN3579.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 288

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Re: Global Warming - Our Frozen Arses!

Ok Keith, since you all seem to be on board with this, I have changed the title appropriately:laugh:

Keith, ROFLMAO
"Photo courtesy of the Morton Space Centre
Marlow Bucks

Taken yesterday am

Satellite: Morton Aerospace Mk IV GWBD Module

Maintained by Morton Space Utility Inc, Shuttle "Limoncello"<!-- google_ad_section_end --> "

regards
Dave

Keith

Why thanks Dave - it's nice to be inclusive don't you think?

By the way I've had literally HUNDREDS of PM's and what he wanted to know was the exact designation of the MKIV GWBD Module..

Well of course this is the highly developed Hybrid which is the last in it's line, as a new model is rapidly being developed in the Kings Head Marlow as I speak.

This particular unit, the "MKIV Global Warming Bullshit Detector Module" or GWBD, will of course be replaced by this new unit designated MKV CCBD Module. A lot more sensitive unit, the MKV CCBD Module will be particularly effective in detecting the amount of hot air coming from various sources which I know is a concern to us all.

They've had to fit an "Al Gore" desensitising filter array to it however, as they found that the single most damaging amount of hot air seemed to be eminating from said source and was in danger of swamping the delicate input of the MKV, but apart from that, it looks to be quite an effective tool for 2010.

:)

Dave,
I know Real Scot's don't wear skivies under your kilts, but we will take exception due to the weather.

Keith has the right idea. I was thinking more along the lines of MASA.
Photo's courtesy of the "Limoncello Oribter"
Dave

Last edited:
They've had to fit an "Al Gore" desensitising filter array to it however, as they found that the single most damaging amount of hot air seemed to be eminating from said source and was in danger of swamping the delicate input of the MKV, but apart from that, it looks to be quite an effective tool for 2010.

:)

Glad to hear about the new filter this source was wreaking havoc with the data

gore.jpg

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Re: Global Warming - My Frozen Arse! NOT FOR WORK !!

In this weather, the little man would be hard to find!
No skivvies ~True that, even on parade
SENSITIVE SO OPEN CAREFULLY

Attachments

• Highlanders.jpg
    Highlanders.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 320
Here in Ohio, we've yet to see the sun in 2010 nor 30 degree's due
to this ever lasting cold spell. My formula car that I'm restoring remains
unfinished in my garage because I haven't been able to deal with the
cold for the past three weeks! This Sunday might get us up to 32 degree's, but I'm not holding my breath! Oh yea, 6-10 inches of snow
expected tonight. Thanks Al!!

Nanook of the North

The colder it gets only proves how bad global warming is !
those isolated pockets of cold temps. can be expected but are meaningless .
I hope it doesn't have any thing to do with the bubbles escaping my beer !

Back