Good bye Locost 7 Hello GT40!!

I am finding great enjoyment lately in being able to throw away boxes that held parts for the 40 that have been laying around my garage for in some cases years. I am pretty sure I bought a single wire alternator years ago Have not hit the right box yet.:huh:
Lifters, Push rods and rockers all installed. Picked up intake from having it bead blasted. It looks much better.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Dave,

looking good!

Those Chrysler lights were a great find! What year are they for?

Some switches and indicator lights for the dash arrived yesterday. Found these at Delcity.com

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 249
alternator years ago Have not hit the right box yet.:huh: From post 361

Dave please bear with me for a short thread drift. A mate of mine could not find the 4 jaw chuck of his lathe after moving house. Now a 12" chuck is not small , still it could not be found. I helped searching his garage. In the end he bought a new one.

Guess what came to light a few years later??

The chuck was " safely" stored inside a paint tin.!!

Z.C.

I'm relieved to learn I'm not the only idiot who stores expensive parts in a "good, safe place". After a year, they're only findable if you buy another one.

Really nice day here today was able to work with garage doors open. Started work on the chassis part of motor mounts. Just have to box them in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 280
Front wheel stud were to short. Bought longer studs and had to ream holes for the studs

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 295

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Dave, when you get a chance, can you get some dimensions off of those Chrysler lights please? Mainly curious about the diameter of the hole it will take for the lights but also curious about the width of the mounts and if that will require the lights to be moved inboard a bit..
Your build is an inspiration to many to - get off the sofa and into the shop!

Hi Randy:

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement.

The lights are 3 13/16" to 3 7/8". Mounting ears small holes 4 1/8" x 2 1/2"

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Dave.. Now I need to figure out if I want to use these lights instead of the 5-1/4" lights I have cut the holes for...

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I was planning on having the ultrabright LED in the bottom of the light housing or in the upper corner outside of the driving light.. The other option would he to put it inside the brake duct along side the grill..

Got out in the shop tonight and did some work for the first time since last Friday. Came down with bronchitis it has been hard to muster any energy. Finished fitting the front brake hats and discs after installing the longer wheel studs. The engine hoist has been setting in the garage since Friday. Hoping to get the engine in the car this coming weekend.

Back