Good Friday

In the spirit of the Political correctness thread I would like to take this time to wish all of my GOYIM friends on here a blessed Good Friday!!! Be safe and enjoy!!!

Thanks and may the Lord, the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob be with you and your family till the end of Passach (and forever) !!!

<CENTER><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=600><TBODY><TR><TD width=409>The History of Easter and the Easter Bunny© <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:p></O:p>
By Arlene Wright-Correll<O:p> </O:p><O:p></O:p>
Since its conception as a holy celebration in the second century, Easter has had its non-religious side. In fact, Easter was originally a pagan festival.<O:p> </O:p>
</TD><TD width=187>
Image3217.jpg
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></CENTER>
<CENTER><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=600><TBODY><TR><TD>The ancient Saxons celebrated the return of spring with an uproarious festival commemorating their goddess of offspring and of springtime, Eastre. When the second-century Christian missionaries encountered the tribes of the north with their pagan celebrations, they attempted to convert them to Christianity. They did so, however, in a clandestine manner.<O:p> </O:p><O:p></O:p>
It would have been suicide for the very early Christian converts to celebrate their holy days with observances that did not coincide with celebrations that already existed. To save lives, the missionaries cleverly decided to spread their religious message slowly throughout the populations by allowing them to continue to celebrate pagan feasts, but to do so in a Christian manner.
As it happened, the pagan festival of Eastre occurred at the same time of year as the Christian observance of the Resurrection of Christ. It made sense, therefore, to alter the festival itself, to make it a Christian celebration as converts were slowly won over. The early name, Eastre, was eventually changed to its modern spelling, Easter.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></CENTER>​
Footnote: The goddess, Eastre, was worshipped by the Anglo-Saxons through her earthly symbol, the rabbit. The Easter bunny has its origin in pre-Christian fertility lore. The Hare and the Rabbit were the most fertile animals known and they served as symbols of the new life during the spring season.

Happy "Awesome Bank Holiday Long Weekend" to all out there.

Yours Sincerely,

Graham
The Agnostic / Atheist who can't decide ;)

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Molleur, good post, and it got me thinking-

The goddess, Eastre, was worshipped by the Anglo-Saxons through her earthly symbol, the rabbit. The Easter bunny has its origin in pre-Christian fertility lore.

Oestrogen, seemed probable there is a link there;
From the Greek words estrus/οίστρος = sexual desire + gen/γόνο = to generate.
however, when I googled oestrogen and easter together, I did find one site that disputes the connection.

May your Easter Bunny go with you everyone

Dave

Happy Easter
Buona Pasqua
Froehe Oestern
And to those of other persuasions have a great end to Passover or a wonderful day.

Back