Graz (R8 unit) and LS3 VSS

I'm still having stalling issues. If I don't blip the throttle when coming to a stop, it stalls.[/QUOTE]

Pete, I had this same problem. i had to blip throttle to get it to not stall at idle at about 950rpm at about 4000 miles. I had a retune, no help. I finally found a little carb cleaner on the intake manifold butterfly and shot inot the intake whiel running helped like magic. I saw one web site say thats becasue cars that backfire a bit force crap back onto the valves and back into the intake. Dunno but it works. I do it about ever 4 or 5k miles cuz it will come back. 30 second fix!

not to dig up an old thread but i did some digging thru the r8/graziano service manuals and found some very useful information. First of which, the speed sensor on the back of the graziano cannot be used as a VSS. It is of the appropriate type sensor (inductive magnetic probe sensor) so it will physically attach and read signal to the GM ECU, however the sensor is reading off the input shaft (reverse drive gear to be exact) so regardless whether the vehicle is stopped or moving, as long as the clutch pedal isn't depressed its going to be sending a speed signal. The signal is used in the Audi as "clutch speed" to detect clutch slip if clutch isn't depressed and its seeing different rotational speed from the engine rpm. Pretty neat....not very useful lol here's the documentation from the manuals....also included is some really cool information and diagram on the r8 drive train (gear ratios etc...)

Attachments

• gear ratios.png
    gear ratios.png
    557 KB · Views: 123
  • speed sensor g182.png
    speed sensor g182.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 121
Back