Graziano gearing - part two

HCF - John

Gearbox / Brake Systems
It's been about a year since I started offering drop gears for the Graziano (Graziano Gearing and Drop Gears) - multiple installs and feedback has been great from those who have driven cars with them installed. The one shortcoming of the 1.038 set, however, was the lack of a true overdrive gear for those who planned to use their cars on the street.

If I were able to make a replacement 6th gear that could be dropped in at the same time as the drop gear install and gave the same acceleration benefits of the more neutral drop gear set, would that be desirable?

Same 1-5 profile as the OEM set with 1.038 but:

- 80mph cruise at roughly 2100rpms
- Theoretical top speed of 250-270mph (depending on rev limit)

There's the ability to offer custom ratios for the drop gear set and one-off replacements of the entire 1-6 gear sets for those interested - but the most cost-effective upgrade is the one that is appealing to a wide variety of owners. Appreciate any feedback!

Best,
John

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026"/> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapelayout v:ext="edit"> <o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1"/> </o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->

Last edited:

Roger Reid

Supporter
What appeals to me is...

Do you have any idea of the cost?

I am still in dream mode but plan on having a street car. Having something to “just” drop in would be a nice option.

HCF - John

Gearbox / Brake Systems
What appeals to me is...

Do you have any idea of the cost?

Hi Roger - it'll depend on how many are interested, but I'd guess a pair of the drop gears and pair of the synchro'ed 6th gear would be in the $3,500 range.

For guys who have already bought drop gears from me in the past, I'd work out something to provide the 6th gear standalone.

Hi John,
A great idea, I'm in.
Thanks for all the effort you are going to.

Rohan

Thanks Rohan!

If anyone else is interested, would you please post in this thread or reach me privately at [email protected]?

I have fresh sets of just the drop gears already in production.
Best,
John

Ron McCall

Supporter
John,

I think it is great that you are offering these items ! Very nice to be able to tailor the trans gearing to your specific engine combination.

Ron

It's been about a year since I started offering drop gears for the Graziano (Graziano Gearing and Drop Gears) - multiple installs and feedback has been great from those who have driven cars with them installed. The one shortcoming of the 1.038 set, however, was the lack of a true overdrive gear for those who planned to use their cars on the street.

If I were able to make a replacement 6th gear that could be dropped in at the same time as the drop gear install and gave the same acceleration benefits of the more neutral drop gear set, would that be desirable?

- Theoretical top speed of roughly 250mph

There's the ability to offer custom ratios for the drop gear set and one-off replacements of the entire 1-6 gear sets for those interested - but the most cost-effective upgrade is the one that is appealing to a wide variety of owners. Appreciate any feedback!

Best,
John

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026"/> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapelayout v:ext="edit"> <o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1"/> </o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->

HCF - John

Gearbox / Brake Systems
Several orders on these so we're going to put a run in the queue end of week. If any additional interest, please let me know so I can have them put into production!
Best,
John

Back