GT?

I am sure this has been raised before but hey ho..............

If Ford had built their Le Mans winning beauty in Europe would it have been a

GT100 or GT10 or GT1?

Just a thought!

Paul, I hate to break it to you, but they DID built it in Europe--in England to be exact.

Like it or not, England is in Europe. :laugh:

Mike,
I knew the moment I hit the send button that someone would pick me up on that. I was just trying to offend as few people as possible...had I said France , Germany et al then I would have had to include every metric country this side of the pond!
However thank you for pointing out that geographical point....now back to the original question, a GT100,GT10 or GT1?

Paul, was the UK on the metric system in 1964?? I believe it was automotive journalists of the day who first coined the phrase "GT40" rather than Ford, if I'm remembering my GT40 history correctly....

Keith

Paul, I hate to break it to you, but they DID built it in Europe--in England to be exact.

Like it or not, England is in Europe. :laugh:

Sorry, that's incorrect on 2 levels. England doesn't exist as a Nation
and there is no nationality of being "English". You might possibly mean the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, so sorry - no England, plus this Sceptered Isle is not IN Europe, it's adjacent to the West coast of Continental Europe and is drifting Westwards towards a bar somewhere near you. If you'd like to hang on for a couple of million years, we'll be over there and then you can discuss this English thing over a beer or two with your new "European" neighbours.

Oh, there is a third level. The GT40 was built at a time when a United States of Europe was a faded dream of Adolph Hitler, but I guess by the early 1960's the French & Germans were already muttering and scheming in a Beer Cellar somewhere where all serious World Domination plans are usually spawned :)

Back