GT40 45th reunion at Road America

Younger ? Stay at Siebkins and enjoy the live rock band. Older ? Stay at Ostoff and there is a bit more serenity after 10:00. They are across the street from each other.
Eric, see you there ! Crowds ? There were 10s of thousands of people there last couple years but nothing compared to Nascar at the Glen or what have you...

Brain did you get your wide body? You should join in with us, we are talking of doing VIR with Olthoff the week before then going to Elkhart the following. This could be a real good time with a bunch of the guys from the forum.
It is being delivered to Dennis this Tuesday....should be done in 3 weeks. The wait is killing me!

Brian

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
This is going to be a great event, maybe we can start a Team GT40 for open road events in the future when everyone gets together. You members from across the pond, please try to make it, it would be wonderful to meet those who are use to driving on the wrong side. :) ha!

Johan,

I look forward to seeing you and your car at Road America. I will be there as well. It was fun getting to know you and your friends at Watkins Glen last summer. I've never been to Elkhart Lake , but I'm sure they're the two best circuits in the US .

I hope to meet more from the forum there as well!

You're absolutely right. (Although I would also include Laguna Seca in there.) This thread has gotten me so stoked that last night I battled my cabin fever by going out to the car barn, setting up a monitor in front of the GT40 and watching the in-car video from my best Road America race from the driver's seat!

You're absolutely right. (Although I would also include Laguna Seca in there.) This thread has gotten me so stoked that last night I battled my cabin fever by going out to the car barn, setting up a monitor in front of the GT40 and watching the in-car video from my best Road America race from the driver's seat!

Great idea Daryl,

Tell you what. I'll bring another TV down to your place , set it up beside yours, get in the Dino and we'll give it a go! :pepper:

I love in-car video as well as xbox 360.
Johann I was kidding. My mother got my birthdate wrong...and Fran Hall's mom thought she was having a girl !

I had been going to the BRIC (now the Kohler Int Challenge w/ BR) for years and it was the highlight of the summer when I lived in Wisconsin.

If you guys go, you HAVE to stay at Siebkens. That is THE center of it all that weekend when downtown. The food/music is there. The Road and Track Concours basically goes around the perimeter of Siebkens. You know, I thought for some reason that they had torn it down though. Maybe they built a new one?? Check and see but if they have availability GO THERE.

On a side note, I had been going there for years (for the cars) with my Ferrari group. My old band (funk/R&B) actually got booked there in 2004 to play the BRIC on Saturday night (someone had referenced the band before). If you were there at Siebkens that night, I was the singer. ;-)

I will probably be flying back for it again this year. Although I may just come back for the National Ferrari Club of America meet which will also be held at Road America this summer.

My two cents?? I live in the Bay Area now and have done the whole Monterey weekend thing a few times now (Pebble, Italian Concorso, etc.) and I have to say that the weekend of the BRIC beats them ALL as far as the experience. For those who have not been there yet, you are in for a TREAT.

I booked at Sibkins ! Johan, I look forward too meeting you and everybody else. Can you bring the Lola Spyder dash bridge we talked about in the past?

Regards
John

I booked at Sibkins ! Johan, I look forward too meeting you and everybody else. Can you bring the Lola Spyder dash bridge we talked about in the past?

Regards
John

No problem but you'll have to remind me a bit closer to the event...

I am also throwing my hat into the ring for this weekend. I am only 6 hours away in central Iowa so I have no excuse for not being there. I will be bringing an early CAV that has had intimate contact with the inside wall coming out of the carousel at Road America. I was inexperienced with a rear engined car. You would be impressed how well a CAV holds up in a situation like that. I challenge everyone who has shown interest in this weekend to be there and participate. Possibilities for the weekend for us could be:
A parade lap with all of us and our cars
group pictures
a scenic drive through the countryside in that area. The roads are great and the scenery is wonderful.
What a great opportunity to meet other folks with like interests in these cars and see some authentic GT 40s at speed on a 4 mile track.

I just ran across these pics from my last trip to BRIC at Elkhart. It was HOT, but a great deal of fun.

Attachments

• P1010039.JPG
    P1010039.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 331
  • P1010042.JPG
    P1010042.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 324
  • P1010052.jpg
    P1010052.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 299
  • P1010043.JPG
    P1010043.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 295
  • P1010046.JPG
    P1010046.JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 341
A couple more plus some shots of my relative's garage at home...he llives in Plymouth real close to the track...

Attachments

• P1010064.JPG
    P1010064.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 392
  • P1010025.JPG
    P1010025.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 330
  • P1010118.JPG
    P1010118.JPG
    154.4 KB · Views: 360
  • P1010123.JPG
    P1010123.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 377
Does anyone know if Doug Whitworth is on this forum? Also, that GT40 MKIV above i hear is a mix of many cars. Some say it isnt actually a "real" one. Is this true?

Thanks Johann for all the kind words about the event. I appreciate everyone's enthusiasm and I promise not to let you down. We will have special parking for all GT 40s and Ford GTs. We are doing the schedule now and will try for some time to get these cars on track. I talked with Brian today and we expect to get two cars out of the Collier collection to the event.

Back