GT40 by numbers.

Post pictures of GT40's, showing numbers in its apparel in sequence....see if we can hit 40 between everyone. (It Kills a little time while its too hot to work outside :D)
Starting with...Number 1!

Attachments

• C2464.jpg
    C2464.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 735

Ron Earp

Admin
Get them in order with pictures, I'll clean up the non-contributing posts (like this one) late and we'll have a very tidy thread!

Ron

#9 "Gulf" Ford GT40 (rebuilt 1967 Mirage M.10003) Mk.I P.Rodriguez/ L.Bianchi - Winner of Le Mans 1968, this car (chassis # 1075) famously went on to become the first and only car to win Le Mans twice when Ickx/Oliver drove it to first in 1969 (badged as #6) after a famous duel with Hans Herrmann's surviving Porche 908. This race was the closest finish in Le Mans history with a lead of less than 100 yards after 24 hours. This is possibly the most famous and desireable GT40 in existance having won 4 other major races in it's career on top of the two Le Mans victories.

big_LMC025.jpg

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
#12 Le Mans 66, Ireland-Rind, 13 might be a problem...........

Attachments

• 66lmIreland-RindtFordMkII.jpg
    66lmIreland-RindtFordMkII.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 532
I've got a 13 and 21 for ya. Contemtorary pics I'm afraid, not found any "In period".

Darren

Attachments

• No 13.jpg
    No 13.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 558
  • No21.jpg
    No21.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 544

Ron Earp

Admin
Try to stay in order, one car per thread, but don't be pulling pictures off other sites that you don't have copyright to - that is a no no. They cannot be hosted here if you do not own them.

Ron

Back