GT40 Eye Candy

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Michael,

Thats a beautiful car!

I might be wrong, but my spf has a tinted area of the windshield with that shape (curving down at the sides). It shows up well in your side photo.

Michael, what Roush motor is that?

Wow, I'll look a little closer that would be great if it was tinted. The engine is their standard GT40 ready carburated 427.

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks everyone. Dennis shipped out the front canards, rear spoiler, megaphones, and engine cover today. She's about to look and sound even better! Pics and video when I get everything installed. I'm dying to get a couple drives in before the snow starts to fall and she goes up for winter.

Michael,
Congratulations! She looks great! Can't wait to see it (and hear it) as she carves through the canyons and mountain passes of Colorado. You picked a winning combination.

BTW, I'm quite familiar with the route you took home. Used to drive once a month from Savannah, GA, or from Dothan, AL. Took 23-29 hrs depending on which car I drove or how tired I was.

Wow Michael that is one nice GT40, looks like it's be fantastically finished. Really liking the red with black wheels combo, it's making me have doubts about the colour I want to paint mine, stunning.

Trev

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Thank you guys.

Yesterday I had the privilege of taking the car up to a charity dyno competition for a little girl who has brain cancer. There were so many companies and people that showed up to support the family it was incredible. I was able to contribute a few hundred dollars to them by raffling off a ride in the car. The highlight of the day for me was being able to take Morgan out for a jaunt in the car. I'm not a sentimental type of person but to be able to hang out with this little girl and talk to her almost brought tears to my eyes. She is an incredibly strong and positive person while being in such a painful and sad situation. If there's a God on heaven he owes that little girl one.

Video as we left to go for a ride

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XR8w54RAvOc?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Later driving home

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6TveNeTVg40?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I had stopped for a moment on the side of the road to set the camera up and had flipped on the cooling fan override. Not sure why it's attached to a red light but it is.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
The star of the show Morgan Wildman.

2011101510.jpg

2011101511.jpg

2011101512.jpg

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Yes sir! It's one of the few roads on the front range that are not bumper to bumper 24/7.

Michael, love the car and what you're doing with it. I've found one of the greatest joys of owning this car is even though its not an original GT40 it's still a car few ever get to see real or not. But there is nothing better IMO then seeing a kids face light up when they're allowed to sit in it or ride in it. Morgan looks happy as can be and I'm sure you made her day. Great stuff!!

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
Beautiful photos and video, Michael. I'm glad you're enjoying your car a bit before Winter arrives!

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
One more weekend to drive. My brother took it out early this morning and I took a little video. Stupid Youtube put an ad in the video. Click on the right X on the ad to remove it. I'm going to start using Vimeo if they keep that up!

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hQbk2wD9B3k?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Michael,

In your (about) 6 weeks ownership you have shown us what a proportion of 40 owners probably regularly experience.

Your posts have re-ignited my flagging passion for 40 building. It IS a bloody long haul, but the sight and sound of your car really helps.

Thank you. And a magnificent car!

Clive

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks guys, the car is an absolute blast. I'm having a lot of fun. Too bad winter is here and I have to park it for a few months. Already looking forward to next spring!

Micheal,
Youtube does that to almost all videos. That is how they make thier money.

Bill

Bill, I get a lot of email from Youtube wanting to put ads in my videos and as I understand it, pay me a few cents for every view. I have always said no way and then yesterday on this video it just showed up. After doing a little reading it looks like since I put copyrighted music on it that gives them the right to put whatever ads they want on it and pay themselves for views. Bastards!

Back