Gt40 ft

I thought I knew the basics of the GT40 history, or at least knew the main cars.

Just found out about another that I'd never even heard of before, the
GT40 FT

https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/GT40_FT

Looks to be the first replica with a steel space frame!

Quite a few interesting things though, 12-cylinder, 3 litre 'boxer' engine and a central seating position. Anyone got any pictures?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Tried Google Translate on this page to get it in English, but no joy...

Google translate does a good enough job for me - these were six (apparently) space frame cars built by Tecno who had a good reputation in F3 & F2 in Italy and later an F1 car which Chris Amon tried to drive and the engine from the latter was also offered for these replicas

The mentions of 1076 & Sbarro seem to be there either to confuse or give 'legitimacy'

Attachments

• GT40 FT - Wikipedia.pdf
    346.1 KB · Views: 475
Last edited:
That picture is NOT a space frame but a GT40 mono with the extensions.

Quite right but it doesn't claim to be, indeed I'm not even that sure why its on there as it doesn't fit the rest of the page. The translation reads:

The GT40 chassis number 1076, this GT40 had an accident in 1966 while leading the Le Mans twenty-four of the twin 1075 conducted by Ickx triumphed in the same race.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
I think that "fact" may also be wrong

1075 from memory was a Mk1 that won in 1968 and 1969
1966 was won by a Mk2
1967 was won by a Mk4

No dount someone like ronnie or Alan will come along and confirm the details :

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Google translate does a good enough job for me - these were six (apparently) space frame cars built by Tecno who had a good reputation in F3 & F2 in Italy and later an F1 car which Chris Amon tried to drive and the engine from the latter was also offered for these replicas

The mentions of 1076 & Sbarro seem to be there either to confuse or give 'legitimacy'

Thank you for capturing that - Google just told me that it was an invalid URL..

We'd love to know your real name.

Would you please adjust your user name in e user control panel? These are the rles for the last 4-5 years now..

Thank you!!!

Sorry I don't understand your request - you are Randy V yet I cannot see your real name - the same applies for most of the posters on this thread - pm if you prefer

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Jos,
Maybe its his real name, Randy by name, Randy by nature. The V denotes the Roman five, as in his consumption during a session, no ?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Randy is my real name. My last name starts with V. We just like to be able to call each other by name. It's simple really..

I would have loved to have been able to say
"Thank you for capturing that for us Joseph"! Or whatever your given name is...

Plus it's the rules of the forum.

Thanks guys..

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
As you were Jos.

Thanks for the clarification. Just trying to be of some help but managed to tick people off.. After 5 Mondays in row this last week - I shouldn't be surprised..

Carry on gents.

So er now we've got that out of your systems, does anyone know anything else or have pictures of this GT40 FT?

Back