GT40's vs Ultima

This was taken at Le Mans and this level of interest continued for 24 hours resulting in new orders:

Regards to all,

Attachments

• PICT0026.jpg
    PICT0026.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 305
Did I miss something....this thread, prior to today, had not had a post since March 10, 2011. Why the sudden interest from Ultima Sports. I thought this horse was already beaten. Different strokes for different folks....I'm just saying. :)

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
Every Ultima owner will disagree strongly with that, but then again we are on a GT40 replica forum so we don't expect universal agreement!

I'll chime in and confirm that (here in the US at least) my Ultima gets way more attention than my GT40 replica, that said both are appreciated by a different crowd and as stated one is a modern design in it's own right the other a replica.

I recall back in 2009 when I ran the Virgiia City Hillclimb (organized by the Ferrari/Shelby club) a number of people came up and said the Ultima was the best looking Ferrari there! And I was competing against the likes of 16M 430's who's owners were not amused.

Julian

I'll chime in and confirm that (here in the US at least) my Ultima gets way more attention than my GT40 replica, that said both are appreciated by a different crowd and as stated one is a modern design in it's own right the other a replica.

I recall back in 2009 when I ran the Virgiia City Hillclimb (organized by the Ferrari/Shelby club) a number of people came up and said the Ultima was the best looking Ferrari there! And I was competing against the likes of 16M 430's who's owners were not amused.

Julian

Cheers Julian.Nice to see you on here.
We're convinced that anybody with a pulse will admire both cars.
That's a superb collection of cars you own there.

Keith

Hi Andy,

An original car like the Ultima sells on its merit alone and is not forced to rely on looking like an old classic car designed by someone else.

Well, that's forum etiquette down the toilet - the least you could have done before posting your company's brochure URL is become a forum supporter - if you really mean best wishes to GT40 owners that is... :lipsrsealed:

Can we have free reciprocal sales slots on your website too? There are only about 6 GT40 vendors that pay good money to advertise here.... :laugh:

Well, that's forum etiquette down the toilet - the least you could have done before posting your company's brochure URL is become a forum supporter - if you really mean best wishes to GT40 owners that is... :lipsrsealed:

Can we have free reciprocal sales slots on your website too? There are only about 6 GT40 vendors that pay good money to advertise here.... :laugh:

We are fully paid up forum vendors and will certainly aim to follow rules and etiquette at all times.
It is a fantastic forum for fantastic cars.

Keith

Well then, many apologies for my mistake chums, but 'sponsoring vendors' normally have a tag or a flag or something to indicate same so that fools like me will not embarrass ourselves unduly?

Perhaps you're missing one... :)

Well then, many apologies for my mistake chums, but 'sponsoring vendors' normally have a tag or a flag or something to indicate same so that fools like me will not embarrass ourselves unduly?

Perhaps you're missing one... :)

We will ask Ron about that thanks for the tip it's appreciated.

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
Our view is that it simply isn’t possible for a GT40 replica to match our world record figures including top gear lap times, regardless of power levels. .

Who gives a sh*t? It was a stupid, beer-addled question in the first place.

The real mystery to me is why you bothered to revive this silly thread. If you want to make a comparison with some meaning, compare the Ultima to the SLC, and let this thread go back to sleep.

Who gives a sh*t? It was a stupid, beer-addled question in the first place.

The real mystery to me is why you bothered to revive this silly thread. If you want to make a comparison with some meaning, compare the Ultima to the SLC, and let this thread go back to sleep.

To answer your question we revived the thread as we were pointed to it by a customer/ultima fan of ours only this week. This thread can actually be found by a google search about our products and since other kit manufacturers were discussing our product on a public forum we felt that our own response was required from a business point of view. We have now joined the forum as a supporting vendor which hopefully will help the community, it has become a superb platform for discussions and the forum contains a lot of Ultima related content. Hope that answers your question satisfactorily.

To answer your question we revived the thread as we were pointed to it by a customer/ultima fan of ours only this week. This thread can actually be found by a google search about our products and since other kit manufacturers were discussing our product on a public forum we felt that our own response was required from a business point of view. We have now joined the forum as a supporting vendor which hopefully will help the community, it has become a superb platform for discussions and the forum contains a lot of Ultima related content. Hope that answers your question satisfactorily.

What would probably really help your business, from a business point of view, would be an objective comparison of a Ultima to an SLC or 917.

To aid in such a comparison, please feel free to send me a sample of your product so I can compare it against my cars. :)

What would probably really help your business, from a business point of view, would be an objective comparison of a Ultima to an SLC or 917.

To aid in such a comparison, please feel free to send me a sample of your product so I can compare it against my cars. :)

Likewise feel free to send those vehicles to us here in the UK, we will be very happy indeed to put an independent driver in both of them around the Top Gear Track for a back to back test. We have good access to the Top Gear Track through our customers McLaren. After that a road test on public roads to see which is the better road car.
That would make for a very pleasant day away from the office I'm sure we would all agree on that at least :thumbsup:

Im failing to see where all this 'technology' that is perceived in peoples minds as to what makes the Ultima a better car. Reality is, its still just another tube chassis with a plastic body over it. For instance suspension geometries are not infinte and as the chassis is just a pivot point for the suspension arms to swing on, you cant tell me that there is some 'magical secretive geometry' layouts that have not been achieved on hundreds of GT40s in the past, that creates some world leading performance.
As for the GT40s being 'old' in their design, well, Im damn sure any modern suspension developments have been incorporated into most every replica that is on the road as such.
If you stuff enough horsepower and big brakes into any lightweight vehicle of similar stature, youre going to get the same result.
As I said, there is nothing 'trick or magical' about whats under an Ultima that isnt under thousands of other replica cars in the world.

There was mention of the McLaren connection, as Gordon Murray commented "it was the best of a bad bunch", while Ron was quoted to say ".... utterly detested the thought that such a thing could be in any way involved with McLaren!" But that wasnt the purpose of the car.
Maybe thats what drew the crowds :)

Im failing to see where all this 'technology' that is perceived in peoples minds as to what makes the Ultima a better car. Reality is, its still just another tube chassis with a plastic body over it. For instance suspension geometries are not infinte and as the chassis is just a pivot point for the suspension arms to swing on, you cant tell me that there is some 'magical secretive geometry' layouts that have not been achieved on hundreds of GT40s in the past, that creates some world leading performance.
As for the GT40s being 'old' in their design, well, Im damn sure any modern suspension developments have been incorporated into most every replica that is on the road as such.
If you stuff enough horsepower and big brakes into any lightweight vehicle of similar stature, youre going to get the same result.
As I said, there is nothing 'trick or magical' about whats under an Ultima that isnt under thousands of other replica cars in the world.

There was mention of the McLaren connection, as Gordon Murray commented "it was the best of a bad bunch", while Ron was quoted to say ".... utterly detested the thought that such a thing could be in any way involved with McLaren!" But that wasnt the purpose of the car.
Maybe thats what drew the crowds :)

The two Ultima cars used for the development of the McLaren F1 were named by McLaren themselves as "The Heavenly Twins". See Chapter Ten of the book titled Driving Ambition which is the official inside story of the McLaren F1. They clearly very much liked the car since they purchased yet more Ultima cars from us in recent years for the development of their MP4 supercar. This speaks volumes about our product. Repeat purchases from one of the greatest automotive names in history is quite frankly the ultimate compliment.
They are not alone, we have hundreds of worldwide customers that have gone on to purchase a 2nd and 3rd Ultima from us, and some that are now even on their 5th and 6th Ultima purchase.

We stongly disagree and our catalogue of official independently verified world speed record peformance figures are open for allcomers to try and beat and are there for the taking.....

Mr. Marlowe, with all due respect sir, I'm sure the Ultima is a fine car but the tone of this thread after your postings appears to be one of defending your product which you certainly have the right to do but seems to be ailenating those of us who feel the GT40, in our minds, a more iconic car and certainly one from a different era. As a new vendor to this forum I'm not sure that's the best way to warm yourself to this crew. I attended the St. Petersburg Festival of Speed some years ago prior to my purchase and spoke to an Ultima owner whose car was in attendance. No doubt the Ultima ticked a few boxes of mine but when I saw a GT 40 (in my case a CAV) that was it. It brought back my memories of Lemans in the 60's and my Scalextric race set which came with GT40's. I think thats where the GT40 surpasses the Ultima. The GT40 has such a great history and its looks are second to none IMHO. As someone posted on here earlier when the Ultima has won Lemas outright and created its own history and has become a car so iconic that race set makers use it in their race car sets so young boys and girls play with it so it makes an impression on thier brains that 40 years on originals sell for upwards of 10-15 million then the Ultima will have secured its place in history. The Ultima has its speed records but to date I don't believe it has earned the right to be called an icon of the motoring world. One day maybe but not today. Its a fine car that is blindingly quick and brakes just as well but fails to move me to the point my GT 40 does every time I look at her. Continued success to you and your company.

Howard Jones

Supporter
What we have here is two cars that are exactly like hot babes with a nice big ass and great racks that go like hell. If you were to really turn them ALL the way on they both get very loud and would buck you off in a very short but memorable time.

And just like beautiful women (in this case a 40 something MILF and a younger but equally hot 20 something bikini model). Some of us like one and the rest like the other. Can anyone say one is a better choice once you are in the saddle, so to speak........

Ain't life great!

Absolutely agree we don't wish to alienate the GT40 replica crowd and can understand the feelings. We have many Ultima customers who also own or have owned a GT40 replica.
We will 100% refrain from this type of defensive posting and once again we would like to say that we do love the GT40 ourselves- it is impossible not to!

Back