GT40's vs Ultima

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Absolutely agree we don't wish to alienate the GT40 replica crowd and can understand the feelings. We have many Ultima customers who also own or have owned a GT40 replica.
We will 100% refrain from this type of defensive posting and once again we would like to say that we do love the GT40 ourselves- it is impossible not to!

Thank you! :thumbsup:

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
To answer your question we revived the thread as we were pointed to it by a customer/ultima fan of ours only this week. This thread can actually be found by a google search about our products and since other kit manufacturers were discussing our product on a public forum we felt that our own response was required from a business point of view. We have now joined the forum as a supporting vendor which hopefully will help the community, it has become a superb platform for discussions and the forum contains a lot of Ultima related content. Hope that answers your question satisfactorily.

OK, I understand your motivation, but would suggest it's a poor way to introduce yourself to the community. A little like walking into a wine club dinner and then arguing with everyone that beer is better: it's unlikely anyone will be happy at the end of the argument.

IAE, you haven't addressed the implied question: how to compare your product to Fran's eqiuvalent. So I guess I'll have to do it myself.... see http://www.gt40s.com/forum/wings-wheels-keels/39497-supercar-kit-ultima-slc.html#post400236

Last edited:
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ:dead::lurker:

Don't flog it. Put it in a pie !

Good grief Charlie Brown, I thought I'd logged into the paddock area by mistake.....

Regards Steve

ps: Now that a decent level of understanding seems to of occured, can we please hear more about the MILF & bikini model

We stongly disagree and our catalogue of official independently verified world speed record peformance figures are open for allcomers to try and beat and are there for the taking.....

I hear what youre saying, but as the Ultima has no given engine option then really you cant quite make the comparisons. The GT40 is a replica of a real historic car with the only 'real' engine options of 289 to 427 ci from Ford. Purests dont go putting a Chrysler or VW engine in their Ford. Granted, there are a few of Rover, Renault, Chev and Audi engined vehicles but that sure does not make the car. With the Ultima, you can put what ever you want in it, so really it has no basic heritage to speak of, unless you feel the Renault V6 is the option as thats what it started with.
So if a GT40 owner decided to have that 1500hp Chev with a set of carbon brakes from a 599 then of course its easily going to beat your performance figures. So you see, you can bolt what ever you wish to your Ultima - or your Ford - but what makes an Ultima? We know what makes a GT40 - its anything Ford. Perhaps you could develop your own engine and driveline, and in that way the Ultima will go down in history along side Ford.

But your product has most definately given the worlds petrolheads an answer to a dream and for that your efforts can only be congratulated!
Oh, and Page 120 of Driving Ambition - gotta love books!

Likewise feel free to send those vehicles to us here in the UK, we will be very happy indeed to put an independent driver in both of them around the Top Gear Track for a back to back test. We have good access to the Top Gear Track through our customers McLaren. After that a road test on public roads to see which is the better road car.
That would make for a very pleasant day away from the office I'm sure we would all agree on that at least :thumbsup:

But that would defeat my attempts of trying to acquire a free Ultima for my collection :laugh:

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Not looked at this thread for ages as it was not really of any interest to me.

Where did this all come from???

Andy

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Around the time I bought my Ford GT I considered an Ultima. Just felt like they suffered from the "kit car" look too much for me. They actually are a kit car right? Hard to argue the performance they offer no doubt.

An Ultima inspired my GT40 build. I was at Rockingham Speedway for a Tarheel Sports Car Club Hpde. I had already cut most of the chassis tubing for Locost 7 build. Some guy in a locost 7 powered by a motorcycle engine was driving around the track. It sounded like a goat giving birth. A yellow Ultima drove into the garage with a Chevy V8 thumping.
Since I'm a Ford fan a mid engine Ford equals a curvaceous wide hipped stunner the GT 40!

My decision on what to purchase took a long time. I came VERY close to buying an Ultima. My father visited the factory on my behalf (he also visited Tornado). I test drove an Ultima at the Australian distributor's Qld premises when they arrived.
In the end I went with my inner 10 year old and bought the car that I had always really wanted.
My inner 12 year old may be next, 917 I think, but it will probably take me just as long.
I confess that both the Ultima and the SLC still have me interested.
I think I may have gone soft though, I am starting to find myself looking at more refined/comfortable cars... Is that wrong?

To be brutally honest I don't see the point of arguing about which car is best, that will depend on individual factors. Manufacturers getting involved seems to me to be potentially embarrassing although it seems this particular hole may well have been dug out of - well done. ;)

Tim.

Last edited:
Tim...you are right to ask...and YES it is very wrong...what the heck are you thinking...

Buy the missus something soft and you can use it as a tow vehicle....

Back